Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfin around for some more goodies for the XDs... Come to find out there is a Group Buy for the speed ring sights...

What class would this put me in as far as USPSA/IPSC goes....
These would be for the new XD40 Tactical...

I know I cannot use them for IDPA, but I use my XD40 service model carry gun for that anyway...

Would a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight work well with this application with the speed ring rear????

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just another question....

If daylight competition and plinking is the only thin gI plan to do with this gun....shouldn't I go with the "non-tritium" version of this sight and match it with the dawson fiber optic front sight???

many thanks for your knowledge and opinions...

SORRY.... I should have edited the previous post instead of posting a reply... The Crown Reserve must be getting to me.....

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
I think these sights would put you in the OPEN division, as they are not a notch and post sight. I may be wrong.

As for the Dawson, they wont work as the front sight for the speed ring rear is taller.

OS

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked through the USPSA website rulebook and it looks like it would be Limited 10... There are no stipulations on the sights as long as they are not optics or electronic.... I will research this more... WHY must this be so confusing.... ??? :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts