Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of the Ameriglo speed ring night sights for my new XD and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them? Funny thing about it is that I was just browsing around and wasn't really looking to buy a set of sights, but I happened across their web sight and saw them on sale for 49 bucks so thought I'd give them a shot. Any opinions on them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered ameriglo n/s for my 9mm sc. They were sent to a gunsmith for installation. I would NOT reocommend them!! The rear sights were supposed to be yellow and front sight green.
After getting the gun back, I had meprolights installed to replace the weak ameriglos. The meprolights, though more expensive, are clear to pick up in fading light and in condiltions without light. On the other hand, the ameriglos could not be seen in fading light and, only with prolonged study of the sight, could I see the faint yellow rears and faint front green.
On my Sigs, I have trijicon (P232 factory n/s and P225 after market trigicon n/s); and they work just fine.
I would buy n/s at a gun shop where they can be installed, so you can check them to your satisfaction. I had sent my slide away and had two bad experiences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts