Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a million posts on nite sights but...

Does anyone run the Hackathorn or other option for Black rear and tritium with orange ( other bright color) front?

I did not see much if any for the XDS.
What size/model?

If you run another make with that config I would be interested in hearing that also.

I like the fiber optic at first but have had issues, and just do not feel they hold up well enough for me, and I can't see them in low light. I blacked out the OEM rears with the fiber front I liked the quick target aquisition

I also have the standard 3 dot Trijicon, and like it but 3 dots are hard to line up in a stressful situation even if I use different colors.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I had the Hack sights on my Glock 19 for about 6 months. They were ok in certain lighting conditions, but I found the orange hard to pick up in some situations.

I went with TFOs & haven't looked back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know there have been a million posts on nite sights but...

Does anyone run the Hackathorn or other option for Black rear and tritium with orange ( other bright color) front?

I did not see much if any for the XDS.
What size/model?

If you run another make with that config I would be interested in hearing that also.

I like the fiber optic at first but have had issues, and just do not feel they hold up well enough for me, and I can't see them in low light. I blacked out the OEM rears with the fiber front I liked the quick target aquisition

I also have the standard 3 dot Trijicon, and like it but 3 dots are hard to line up in a stressful situation even if I use different colors.

Thanks
I've had Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on my .45 XD-S for about 14 months now. It shoots to point of aim (just above the font sight) at ten yards. This duplicates what I had with the OEM sights and I like the sight picture, so I'm well satisfied with them. :smile:
I looked up my Brownells order to verify the model info:
XD-433 XD XDM HACKATHORN SET

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You
Thats what I was looking for but not sure which model. The rears fit very well, and glad to hear it shoots like the OEM sights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts