Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have particular reference to either of these two options for sight upgrades? I like the TFO option to have fiber optics combined with tritium, but the quick acquisition of a ghost ring is appealing as well. This is considering the XD40 I am purchasing will be used for CCW and home defense. Thank you kindly for your input.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Ive been wanting to give these Ghost Rings a shot too. Would love to hear from some people that have tried them.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Ditto here.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I recently installed TFOs on my XD40. Haven't shot it yet to see how the POA is, though.

The sights are brighter in the dark than the Trijicon night sights on my Sig, by a fair amount. My criticisms of the TFO are that they are only in green (I prefer a contrasting color front sight, and reportedly TruGlo is working on it), and the front sight is a bit dimmer than the rear, whereas I'd prefer it to be brighter. But they are very bright in daylight, dim light, or dark.

The TFO seem well built and they installed easily.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
My Ameriglo three dot night sights lost their glow in less than one year. I'll never buy another set of anything with Ameriglo's name on them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the enterprise rear ghost ring on my 40 tactical.
I found that the front sight was to tall for me so i went with 24x7 big dot on the front.
I love em I use the 40 to shoot idpa class cdp.
They work great.
My two cents.
I can post pic if anybody wants a peak.I have gotten a set of tfo for my 9 service but have not gotten them installed yet.
can give report latter if any interest.
Thanks m384me

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Ive got 24/7's on my Sig, thats a huge dot, how do you see through that little hole in the ghost ring?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Id like to see a pic of the ghost ring if ya got one. I dont know that Ill be replacing the sights on my XD anytime soon, but Im curious to see it anyway.

Nathan

·
Registered
449 Posts
OK, stupid noob question: how do you line the sights up with that ghost ring? Doesn't look like there are any dots on the ring part? Is it just set up so if you put the circle on center mass anywhere in there is good? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
dirtyvicar said:
OK, stupid noob question: how do you line the sights up with that ghost ring? Doesn't look like there are any dots on the ring part? Is it just set up so if you put the circle on center mass anywhere in there is good? :wink:
For starters, it is important to understand that Ghost Ring Sights are "Combat" sights, meaning a kill is more important than pin-point accuracy. Meaning, with a Ghost Ring, the idea is to put the BG's chest (CoM) in the rear ring. As long as the front dot is within the ring, and you are close enough (15 yds as an example), you will hit your target in the chest.

Because of this approach, Ghost Rings are not as accurate as dot sights, to the average shooters. Special Ops use these for CQC situations, because of the speed to acquire a close target.

Quote, “500% Increase in sight acquisition...” U.S. Navy Seal Team 4

Does this help?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts