Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw this American Eagle Syntech ammo double rebate and T-shirt deal offered on Cabela's and decided to give it a try.

American Eagle® Syntech™ Handgun Ammunition : Cabela's

Maxed out the rebate as follows
:

10 x $14.99 (50-rd box) = $149.90 - $30 ($20 + $10 rebates) = Total Cost $119.90 / 23.9-Cents Per Round

*Includes Free Shipping, No Tax & a Free T-Shirt

Is it weird that I bought 500-rounds of ammo before a gun? ;)o_O

Anybody else use the stuff? Reviews seem pretty positive overall and at the cost of regular FMJ or less I'm game!

File_000.jpeg File_001.jpeg File_002.jpeg

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
Wow.

For ammo that was supposed to be cheaper than traditional jacketed ammo...expecting to psy s 50% premium over the going rate for online bulk 9mm....huh.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
150 bucks for 500 rds of 9mm is WAY high unless it's SD ammo. $119 w/free shipping is better, but still about 5cents/rd high.

Go buy a gun and let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$119 w/free shipping is better, but still about 5cents/rd high.
Don't forget no tax and a t-shirt...that's gotta count for something haha

Not looking for the cheapest or reloads either.... just something reliable and clean.

My gun debate is currently between the XD Mod.2 4" Service (XDG9301) or 5" Tactical (XDG9401S)... Both are Bi-tone models w/ the NJ compliant mag limits. I'm sure I won't go wrong with either but leaning towards the 5". :cool:

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
I think you did okay for new ammo. Reloads are cheaper, factory stuff runs about $.21/rd shipped for UMC, Blazer brass...steel-cased stuff is even cheaper but I don't use it. I realized that I kind of crapped on your thread before, but it was too late to go back and change what I said so I apologize for being "that guy"...welcome to XDTalk.

You're looking at two very nice guns. I think the Mod2 5" looks killer, that's what I would choose personally. But if this is your first and only handgun the 4" may prove to be more versatile. The sub compact even more so if you intend to carry it.

Reactions: Tony300S

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
Don't forget no tax and a t-shirt...that's gotta count for something haha

Not looking for the cheapest or reloads either.... just something reliable and clean.

My gun debate is currently between the XD Mod.2 4" Service (XDG9301) or 5" Tactical (XDG9401S)... Both are Bi-tone models w/ the NJ compliant mag limits. I'm sure I won't go wrong with either but leaning towards the 5". :cool:
Well, since you probably won't be carrying it...definitely 5".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, since you probably won't be carrying it...definitely 5".
My thoughts exactly... a carry permit in NJ is basically non-existent other than LEO or armed bank guards. :lol: I think the 5" will make GREAT range gun. Thanks for the input!

Springfield XDG9401S.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to update the Syntech shoots great! No noticeable recoil difference, but you can definitely hear a difference from FMJ and seemed to be a bit more accurate in the couple mags we used.

Biggest benefits are in the non -lead primer and cleaner firing jacket, but we were mixing the two so hard to confirm until I shoot it exclusively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,721 Posts
Thanks for the report, Tony.

But... I'm at the point where 20 cents per round is about my limit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts