Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever pick this stuff up at all? I found it for 34.99$ for a box. But when i took it too the range i was having 1-3 misfire per magazine. I thought i had a bad hammer spring so i replaced it all on the lower and still had failure to fires. Then i grabbed the cheapest ammo i could find (wolf) and fired 300 rounds through it with no malfunction. I cleaned my rifle then went back to the AE stuff and first 2 rounds had malfunctions. This is on 4 seperate boxes bought weeks apart too. So out of the 400 rounds i have a box of 35 failure to fires. Any one else have expeirnce with this stuff? is it all junk? also what do i do with the failure to fired rounds? please dont tell me to throw them in the garbage can lol.
heres a pic of the boxes.

·
Registered
463 Posts
it's probably a bad run, american eagle has been having a lot of Q/C issues lately but they're usualy good about either offering replacement ammo or refunds

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lot number should be inside the flap to open the box or, printed on the back. I've never had problems with this ammo. Maybe if you cant get it straightened out with the company, just use it for target practice. And don't have your defensive mags loaded with it.
Is it a stock firing pin? I've seen titanium pins pierce primers without the round going off.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a stock pin Ive replaced when i put the new trigger and hammer ssprings in it when i thought that was the issue. Im gunna just burn through it all at the range and contact them about it. I might try a few differnt brands out too and some reloads and see if i can have it happen with anything else. Or see if i can get a freind to bring somthing that fires the .223 and try their gun.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well we ran 3 differnt rifles another AR a savage bolt action and a mini14 all had at least 1 no fire, I used it all up and sent an e-mail to american eagle, see if its just a bad batch or two.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Never have seen this at Wally World. I wonder if certain stores carry certain brands or whatever. I doubt it though.
They don't carry any .223 Rem or 5.56 NATO ammunition at my local Wally World. Whenever I go to the sporting goods department, there is never anyone around to open the ammo case for me, so I guess they're not too interested in selling any ammo. It's just there for looks.

$5.97 per box of 100 .223 Rem??? Is that American dollars? The cheapest I've ever found AE .223 Rem is for $29.99 per 100 at a local department store.

Anyway, I've probably shot close to 1000 rounds of AE .223 Rem through my AR and never had a single problem.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That is a good price but disappointing you are having problems. I'm sure they will take care of it though so give them a call. I can't find that ammo anywhere for a decent price here since it says AR on it, they want 9 or 10 bucks a box.

I buy the Federal XM193F for 8 bucks a box. I know that not the best price ever but it gets me by until I can find a good price on some bulk.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the stuff im having problems with at a fleet farm ( midwest hardware store that has more then just hardware they even sell nice ARs here!) i ordered some ammo from usa ammo for 70$ for 250 rds. i hear good things about them so ill give em a shot (literaly). not so concerend about having 99.99999% reliablity in my ar because itsonly a range gun if there was an emeregency i cant really see my self grabbing it. thats what the xd 45 compact is for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran thru 1k rds of it with no problems. Pmc also no problems. Aguila had some real bad lookin rds that looked like the cases were crushed when seating the bullets. Called them and emailed them about it sent the ammo back to them and they are replacing my ammo. American Eagle should also do the same for ya.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have used American Eagle as well as PMC Bronze with zero issues or problems.

I always take advantage whenever they are on sale on Cabelas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts