Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the site and was wondering if anyone knew if Crimson Trace had a laser grip that would work with my 5in. tactical xd 45 acp with(amby safety)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Not with the thumb saftey...

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
As the second poster said, the answer is no because the safety is located where the Crimson grip sits. You could still use a laser, by using an external LaserMax on your rail or the internal LaserMax which replaces your guide rod. There's mixed feedback on the internal laser rod (I'm personally dislike it a great deal and took it off after all sorts of grief) but some seem to have better experience.

There's also the new SureFire X400 which has a light and laser. Their products are top notch and worth every cent. More than you asked for :D.

And.. welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I wanted the crimson trace was because it would fit in holster while mounted on gun.As far as Internal laser, I've also heard mix reviews (no way to adjust). Is it pssible to change amby safety to just right handed safety to acomadte the crimson trace. Hope these are'nt stupid Q's.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have one of the very first internal LaserMax for the XD45 and have had nothing but great results with it. It doesn't change the externals of the gun and I'm very happy with it. Mine points exactly where it is suppose to...

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know if they are even working on a crimson trace laser for the xd 45 acp with amby thumb safety? I want the crimson trace badly but am getting tired of waiting.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
The reason I wanted the crimson trace was because it would fit in holster while mounted on gun.As far as Internal laser, I've also heard mix reviews (no way to adjust). Is it pssible to change amby safety to just right handed safety to acomadte the crimson trace. Hope these are'nt stupid Q's.
These aren't stupid questions at all. If you are thinking of carrying and want a laser option, there are holsters out there that will accommodate rail mounted accessories. Check out the Phantom LC at Raven Concealment Systems - Holsters

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
If you go to CT website they have a link that says something like ask us to add your gun or something to that affect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Viridian Green laser that clips onto the fron rail of my XD-45, It works great and you can see it in direct sunlight, The benefit of Green laser technology
Check out their website Viridian.com
And it will not holster in SA plastic holster, But the benefit is worth a New holster!:cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello. New to the site and was wondering if anyone knew if Crimson Trace had a laser grip that would work with my 5in. tactical xd 45 acp with(amby safety)?

Thanks
i dont think so let me ask ctc joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts