Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie member here, just wanted to share an experience. I purchased my XD last week and decided to order a set of night sights while I was waiting on the cool down period. I got the sights from Amazon today 2 days ahead of time and was very excited. Upon inspecting the sights though, the security sticker had previously been removed and it looked they had been installed previously..tool marks all over both pieces :shock: I tried taking pics of the marks but my camera wont focus in that close. Needless to say I'm going to ship my slide to James at xd-hs2000.com as soon as my refund hits.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Return them! James will square you right away! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a confirm from amazon, ups will pick up tomorrow :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Which seller ?

Thus far you've said you bought a soda with no fizz.

Amazon deals with many sellers, and is nothing more than a store front for people who rent space.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AZXD, there were two options for the order. Optics planet and amazon.com, mine was sold under amazon not optics. Sorry for not being more specific but thats all I got.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't use Amazon that often - is there a comments section/rating for the seller so you can let others there know that that seller may be unscrupulous? I would contact the seller, too -- think it's possible that they bought the sights from an individual and didnt thoroughly inspect them before selling them thru their storefront? Never know if the squeaky wheel can appeal to the smart seller that wants to maintain a high customer service rating and you could get something else from them at steep discount or free ... I always complain when an order goes wrong ... start out giving them the benefit of the doubt to make things right and then escalate if they are unwavering in their stance and I've got a pretty good success rate ... recently got a tritium lit watch for $70 less than retailer was listing it after issues with their sales staff :)

·
Banned
38,922 Posts

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I don't use Amazon that often - is there a comments section/rating for the seller so you can let others there know that that seller may be unscrupulous? I would contact the seller, too -- think it's possible that they bought the sights from an individual and didnt thoroughly inspect them before selling them thru their storefront? Never know if the squeaky wheel can appeal to the smart seller that wants to maintain a high customer service rating and you could get something else from them at steep discount or free ... I always complain when an order goes wrong ... start out giving them the benefit of the doubt to make things right and then escalate if they are unwavering in their stance and I've got a pretty good success rate ... recently got a tritium lit watch for $70 less than retailer was listing it after issues with their sales staff :)
That's the sad part ... The seller is Trijicon.

But to be fair, I ordered a sight mount from MidwayUSA and the package was open, and missing all the mounting hardware ... So perhaps this package got kicked around the shipping lanes, and then re-boxed.

Either way,
Glad this got resolved quickly for the OP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts