Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Chambers does use douche like methods, but often he is fighting for good things. He is one of the few liberal senators in our state government so most of the democrats keep him in. He is very experienced and knows how to use extreme tactics to get things done. It is these extreme tactics that keeps him in the media and in turn keeps voters. When it comes down to it most people vote for the name they recognize not the candidate with the best ideas and record.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
mr0w1 said:
I just read this, and maybe I'm not getting something, but...is this amendment a big, late April Fool's joke?

Sec. 23. To determine the number of pistols a licensee may lawfully carry concealed under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act or section 28-1202 on any given occasion (except if the United States or the State of Nebraska shall be at war), the body weight of the licensee shall be multiplied by ten-times the licensee's (admitted) age, then divided into the year of the licensee's birth plus one hundred thirty-seven and one-half, then add the number of inches of the licensee's height rounded up to the next full inch which shall be subtracted

This sounds like it was copy/pasted out of a Dungeons and Dragons manual. I mean...I don't get the point of this.
The whole point is that there is no point. Ernie Chambers is as left-wing as they come. He's a bigot, but is the first to level the accusation of bigot on anyone else. He has a habit of deliberately proposing inane, pointless, and stupid (redundant, no?) amendments to bills he doesn't like for the sole purpose of bogging them down so that the sponsors give up and withdraw the bill. He has frequently singlehandedly brought the unicameral to a standstill because of his fillibustering, and not enough senators have the spine to stand up to him (and then be accused of being a racist, bigot, homophobe, etc.) and override his sorry butt.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:
Sec. 23. To determine the number of pistols a licensee may lawfully carry concealed under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act or section 28-1202 on any given occasion (except if the United States or the State of Nebraska shall be at war), the body weight of the licensee shall be multiplied by ten-times the licensee's (admitted) age, then divided into the year of the licensee's birth plus one hundred thirty-seven and one-half, then add the number of inches of the licensee's height rounded up to the next full inch which shall be subtracted
Has anyone tried this formula for themselves to see what you come up with? Seems a bit confusing to me.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
"...then add the number of inches of the licensee's height rounded up to the next full inch which shall be subtracted"

This last statement is contradictory and makes the whole equation worthless. How do you add somthing to be subtracted?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
87-51 said:
Quote:
Has anyone tried this formula for themselves to see what you come up with? Seems a bit confusing to me.
I kept getting negative numbers :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
AAAaaaaaaannnnnddd...

It's dead until next year. Go figure. :evil:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Point is, the more bogus amendments added to a bill the more time it will take to get through the Unicameral. The more time it takes, the less likely it is to be enacted....hence we must put LB454 off 'til next session when it can again be derailed.

Ernie is not an idiot.
We are the idiots for letting this go on.

HE wastes massive amounts of our legislator's time (which we pay for) and I see it written in the Omaha Weird Harold almost every day how the Senators don't have time for this and time for that, and arern't being paid enough. PLEASE take the time to write to Speaker Brashear ([email protected]) and your representative, the newspaper, radio, television and who ever else will listen and GET THIS GUY CENSURED!!! He openly calls himself "The King Cobra" and takes great pride in gutting any piece of legislation he takes issue with.

PLEASE SEND THE MESSAGE THAT WE WILL NO LONGER ABIDE BY THIS HORSESHIT!

Thanks for letting me rant.
sab

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the meantime, there is still affirmative defense:

28-1202

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries a weapon or weapons concealed on or about his or her person such as a revolver, pistol, bowie knife, dirk or knife with a dirk blade attachment, brass or iron knuckles, or any other deadly weapon commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon.

(2) It shall be an affirmative defense that the defendant was engaged in any lawful business, calling, or employment at the time he or she was carrying any weapon or weapons and the circumstances in which such person was placed at the time were such as to justify a prudent person in carrying the weapon or weapons for the defense of his or her person, property, or family.

http://statutes.unicam.state.ne.us/Corpus/Statutes/chap28/R2812002.html

sab

21 - 30 of 30 Posts