Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew through a few boxes of Blazer Brass today, and I am amazed at how accurate a 3" gun can be. I'm no crack shot, but I was grouping them at an inch at 8 yrds.

I was also practicing double and triple taps, working on my grip. I've found, that with my best grip, the barrel really pushes back down on target quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
That is my favorite handgun. I love mine dearly and I will never part with it. Thinking about a trigger upgrade sometime soon which will make it even more lovable.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
It is amazing. It just about as accurate as my Service, but I do shoot my Service better because I am more comfortable with it.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I hit a 12" or 18" plate 4 out of 5 times during a 50/50 tournament at the last IDPA match we had =D. No one else got more than 1/5!

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I have the XD40SC, and the XD9SC you are right, this thing is accurate. I have never seen a pistol with such a short barrel be this accurate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the XD40SC, and the XD9SC you are right, this thing is accurate. I have never seen a pistol with such a short barrel be this accurate.
+1. I'm late in getting into an XD series but my XD40sc is my favorite of all the ones I have. I'm sure my 2.5" snubbie is accurate too, but *I* am accurate with the XD40sc and the barrel is only 1/2" longer than the snubbie!

·
Registered
173 Posts
you guys just make me want one even more...+1 for the XDSC!! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
i agree, my xd-9sc is amazingly accurate. i was shooting across a river maybe about 60 yards out and was hitting a floating log. even when i missed i was shooting right above the log. i probably could have put all of them on a small plate. LOVE MY XDSC

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Folks who shoot it for the first time say "it's not very accurate".
I take it and shoot it better than their 4" gun... oh oh.
The short sighting radius takes time to get used to, then when you change to a fullsized gun w/ a long sighting radius, it's like you cannot miss.

·
Registered
902 Posts
+1 on SC accuracy. Folks at the 50yd line chuckle until they notice your groups are tighter than their full-size <insert brand here>.

·
Registered
46 Posts
+50 on the 9SC accuracy.

I too have both the SC 9 & 40, but carry the 9MM due to my higher capacity mags and better accuracy.

My friend nicknamed my 9SC "butter", because anybody that shoots it, even for the first time is extremely accurate with it, and it's so easy to shoot that "it's like butter"

Looking at getting a Bi-tone now, as it will look prettier for everyday carry.

Long live the XD-9SC!!!!!

MM

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I shot a guys XD9SC before I got my handgun when I was first looking in to what kinds to buy and I already had the XD9 Service in mind, but after I shot his 3" I could only imagine how much I would love a service model. I was shooting an SR9 and hitting low every time, then I casually picked up his SC after he offered it to me, and I plinked down some aluminum cans from about 30yds, every shot was a hit. I couldn't believe the difference. And this was coming from someone who had never shot EITHER of these handguns before in his life.
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I am nearly as accurate with the 9sc as I was with the 40svc. But then again I'm not that great with either. That's where the fun comes in; lots of practice to get better.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I have never fired a short barreled pistol as accurate as my XD-40 SC, and not very many service pistols as accurate.+1 on the smiles from people on the line, until they see the holes in the paper.I love to wipe that smile from their faces.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
+51

Shot my friend's XD-9 SC last week, and I too was equally impressed. So I've been thinkin.....

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I bought my XD9sc B/C of how well if fit my hands, the way it shot was a plus. I was definetly pleased when I shot it for the first time and made me want another XD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts