Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just got my technician ticket last week. Can't get it to load on my tablet.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow(!)... what a great map!
I don't do the amateur radio thing myself - but I've always had kinda a "passing interest" in it. Turns out, according to that map (I did the Zip Code search option), I'm surrounded by you guys! There's one, two houses up from me on my street! Unbelievable!

·
Registered
17,777 Posts
Neat!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for posting. I am still thinking about it. A couple in my neighborhood but only one seems to have an outside antenna. HOA says nothing outside but maybe he got a waiver.

·
Registered
480 Posts
FCC says HOAs cannot prohibit the installation of antennas but can establish guidelines and limitations. Seems to only apply to TV, Internet, and satellite services and not to HAM, CB, etc. But maybe they worked the system.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FCC says HOAs cannot prohibit the installation of antennas but can establish guidelines and limitations. Seems to only apply to TV, Internet, and satellite services and not to HAM, CB, etc. But maybe they worked the system.
Here's how I beat the HOA. I proposed a TV antenna up about 50 feet so I could get over the air TV from several stations about 75 miles away.
They were powerless to stop the TV antenna per the Board attorney.
I offered a "deal" let me put up a HF vertical about 20 feet in the air, and I would withdraw the first idea.
The only objection was potential interference to which I replied "these are my neighbors, if I interfere, they just need to let me know and I will fix it, or stop using the problem frequency"

Done Deal

·
Registered
109 Posts
Back when the FCC issued the new rule, I got an antenna approved by a HOA. I submitted a plan for a big ugly TV antenna. Their lawyer said I was within my rights. They were happy to approve a 10-40 vertical up 30 feet. I just painted it black for stealth. They did ask about interference. I told my neighbors to let me know if they had any problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts