Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be getting an XDm in .45 here soon but before I get it I wanted to do more research then what I know now.

From everything I have looked for and read its seems like there is not to many products for the XDm in 45. I can t seem to find any threaded barrels, addtional parts or other items pertaining to 45 XDm.

It seems like Im being forced to get the XDm in either 9mm or .40 as there seems to be parts gallore. Now Im not a fan of the of either of those calibers.

Are the parts for the XD the same for the XDm in .45? Need some help with this as I seem to be missing something.

Thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
I believe the XDm 45 has only been on the market for a short period of time, so the aftermarket companies haven't had much time to respond. I'm sure they will follow suit in due time.

I can only guess that parts from an XD will NOT work with an XDm. I've never tired it, so I can't say with certainty yes or no. With that said, aftermarket replacement upgrade parts are specific to XD or XDm.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a question somewhat similiar to this at Sportsman's Warehouse they have a rack for XD Mags all Calibers seperated by XD and XDm except for the 13 rnd 45 Mag. They only have it for XDm and not even a space for XD. So will a 45 mag work in either?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a question somewhat similiar to this at Sportsman's Warehouse they have a rack for XD Mags all Calibers seperated by XD and XDm except for the 13 rnd 45 Mag. They only have it for XDm and not even a space for XD. So will a 45 mag work in either?
The 45 mag with work with either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts