Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MilSpec 45 caliber and I can chamber a round and then back the hammer down. I just purchased a 40 cal XDm and was wondering this.. when a round is chambered how can you uncock or release the hammer leaving a chambered round? am I missing something here? :confused: I know this is a novice question ...

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
you cannot "let down" the striker without firing the round that's chambered. if you didnt want your striker back then you would need to dechamber the round and then dry fire it. the XDm does not have a decocker like walthers do

·
Registered
208 Posts
If U dont have a hammer its DONE....NO DECOCK
WOW!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then the chamber indicator and striker indicator actually perform the same task?
I must say the XDm shoots great; I had 3" groupings at 10 yards right out of the box.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
then the chamber indicator and striker indicator actually perform the same task?
I must say the XDm shoots great; I had 3" groupings at 10 yards right out of the box.

The chamber indicator shows when a round is chambered and the striker indicator shows when the pistol has been cocked. So no, two different tasks.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
the chamber indicator and striker indicator dont actually perform the same task but i see what your getting at, and i think there was a threat debating this if you felt like doing some digging. glad to hear your XDm shoots well, I dont own one and have not shot one, but i would like too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KN03 - I have a picture that I want to use as an avatar? I like yours and mine is similar but I don't know how to shrink it down properly.. any advice?

I'll hunt the thread you are talking about.. I've been on here for a little while and probably just missed this and I'm sure you guys are just rehashing some early discussions but thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
KN03 - I have a picture that I want to use as an avatar? I like yours and mine is similar but I don't know how to shrink it down properly.. any advice?

I'll hunt the thread you are talking about.. I've been on here for a little while and probably just missed this and I'm sure you guys are just rehashing some early discussions but thanks anyway.
use microsoft paint or any image editing software, and just edit the image size. the thread i was talking about was awhile ago so good luck trying to find it.
if you want a good free image editor i would recomend GIMP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts