Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been saving up for the past couple of months and am going to get my first XD in August. I know that sounds like a long time and believe me it is, but I had to make a deal with the wife to pay off all the bills except for the cars and house before I bought another gun. I'm hoping after that maybe she will turn me loose in a gun shop with the check card for a few hours. Anyway, I am planning on getting a .40 tactical in OD green, but at the same time I also want the stainless slide. How cool would that be? A .40 tac with OD frame and a stainless slide. I think that would make for one sweet looking piece. My question is has anybody seen anything like that or have any ideas how to strip the slide and refinish it get that look. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You are probably crazy.. I don't know for sure.. but your choice in a pistol sounds good to me!

Raymond

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Houndawg75 said:
strip the slide and refinish it get that look.
I think you nailed it right there. I would get the regular version and send it off to be hard chromed or nickle plated if I wanted that look.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I'm in a minority I know, but I like green on trees only; on guns it looks like crap IMO. You asked and that's my honest answer. I like stainless and have a couple of revolvers also, but (there it is) I like ALL one color, no bitone.

I'm sure you will get positive responses, just not from me. lol

Good luck

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't care for the green either, but to each their own.

·
Registered
223 Posts
retired said:
I'm in a minority I know, but I like green on trees only; on guns it looks like crap IMO. You asked and that's my honest answer. I like stainless and have a couple of revolvers also, but (there it is) I like ALL one color, no bitone.

I'm sure you will get positive responses, just not from me. lol

Good luck
Agreed. I think the OD stuff looks like boogers. Bleh.

T

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the green frame...........your best bet would be get the pistol, shoot it for a while and send it to Robar for the NP-3 Keith Norton Special. The NP-3 all the metal parts. I have had two done, and it very much improves the trigger as the NP-3 has Teflon in it and it makes everything smoother.

·
Registered
643 Posts
retired said:
my opinion exactly

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree with Son or Norway,
I waited two days to have my green xd ordered in. And second if you do find a place to chrome it or nickel plate it, i'd do it to. I love my xd, there are tons of smart people buying them, but i went for the different color, just to be different. IMO go for it dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and if/when you get it done please post pics and the where abouts to get it done.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Steve H in AZ said:
I like the green frame...........your best bet would be get the pistol, shoot it for a while and send it to Robar for the NP-3 Keith Norton Special. The NP-3 all the metal parts. I have had two done, and it very much improves the trigger as the NP-3 has Teflon in it and it makes everything smoother.
I second this. The NP3 coating matches the hype. Whenever I am able to get the Sig P220 I am looking for it will be shipped down to Robar too.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
"Tactical" black is boring, get or create something different. I have green pistols and a blue stocked shotgun, might get a Lauer kit to do something to a carbine--maybe a "DeWalt" Beretta Storm or a Desert Tan AR15.

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I bought my Sub I tried to find a green with stainless slide. I thought it would look really cool. However, anytime I look at my bi-tone now, I think I am almost certain that I would have chosen it, if I could have seen them side by side.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
"Tactical" black is boring, get or create something different. I have green pistols and a blue stocked shotgun, might get a Lauer kit to do something to a carbine--maybe a "DeWalt" Beretta Storm or a Desert Tan AR15.
So "Dewalt" Yellow...I think that would look cool.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Houndawg75 said:
Anyway, I am planning on getting a .40 tactical in OD green, but at the same time I also want the stainless slide. How cool would that be? .....
I'm in for an XD GAP like that. That would be one slick looking machine. :p

wganz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts