Springfield XD Forum banner

Who is crazy?

• You

• Your wife

• I can't believe you posted this as an actual poll.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
deleted because I couldn't take how ridiculous it was for me to post marital questions on my gun forum.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
There are always two sides to a story woman are nuts though. my guess if shes generally pissy is there is something else in the relationship or herself that is making her that way. It probably just comes out more when things like this happen. How well do you two communicate.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
1. This 'what if' scenario should have been worked out between you both ahead of time.
2. Your married, you should be used to this by now.
3. If this is the first occurrence, you're lucky - get used to it.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Ahhhh, another day of blissfull marriage in Paradise. What is 6 mins. if your working the "real time" job. Sounds like pent up frustration to me.

But to be fair....we have not heard her side either.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Can you get a video of the argument after you show her this poll? Pretty please???

BTW, I agree with you. 15mins notice and you were at work is unreasonable. On top of that, you were at work!! If you always pickup the kid at 1, why can't the other baby go down like 15- 30 mins earlier so she can get up earlier and go get the kid, cause you're at work.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
How many times have I heard "Pictures, or it didn't happen" on this forum? :)

First off, I am not certified in any way shape or form to offer marital or parenting advice. My comments are offered strictly for entertainment purposes only!

I have the exact same problem (only my kids are a little older). We finally had the discussion several times about expectations and reality. It wasn't a conversation we just had in passing, I scheduled time when the kids weren't around and we weren't doing dishes etc to sit down and really talk about the problem. I wanted to hear her side of the story and for her to understand how much being part of the family means to me and that I do want to help out but that something else needed to occur.

It didn't make her happy, but the reality is I have a job I have to keep It's also generally not possible to have me drop what I'm doing and leave since I have other pre-scheduled obligations.

So, with as much empathy as I could muster I acknowledged the difficulty of taking care of young children with no support and the challenges it presents. She did at least seem to understand the unrealistic expectation she was setting with regards to this incident.

The compromise we came up with is that she tries to give me at least 4 hours notice if there is a schedule change and I'm more open about my work schedule with her so she knows when I can be flexible and when I can't.

We also started a gmail calendar which she puts family activities on so I get meeting planners at work that I can schedule around. Since they end up in my work calendar they also come up on my phone so I'm more likely to actually make it to family events.

She still thinks its ridiculous that I can't remember all the things she tells me while we're washing dishes, weeding, painting, cleaning, playing with the kids, whatever it is we're doing. Now that the calendar has been in place for a while its working out better for both of us, since I put system upgrades and business trips on there for her benefit as well.

This is what has worked for us... The only thing I have learned in my short 16 years of marriage is that you have to talk about it (with her, not your buddies) or it will only get worse.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
The wife makes all the rules and they are subject to change without notice.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Women are crazy in general. They are also generally right (they are right if you want to be happy).

·
Premium Member
127,697 Posts
Two words..."couples therapy."

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
IF MAMA ISN'T HAPPY, NOBODY'S HAPPY. Learned this a long time ago - been married 34 years. Best response: some roses, some dinner out, a bottle of wine, and a foot message.... :) It'll blow over pretty quick.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
If Your working all day, and she's home (and has her own car), then it's a "no brainer" that SHE should be picking up the kid.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree with Yuppicide. Unless your job is so secure that you can disappear at all times throughout the day, she needs to be picking the kids up or you could both wind up stay at home parents.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I agree with Yuppicide. Unless your job is so secure that you can disappear at all times throughout the day, she needs to be picking the kids up or you could both wind up stay at home parents.
Absolutly TRUE!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts