Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a XD-45ACP.......I just added another XD to the family (XD9SC and Service) and I want a higher capacity 45.....I've shot the XD45 and like it alot.....have I drank to much today????

·
Registered
181 Posts
for a XD-45ACP.......I just added another XD to the family (XD9SC and Service) and I want a higher capacity 45.....I've shot the XD45 and like it alot.....have I drank to much today????
I have a XD 9 SC and a XD .45 Service w/Thumb Safety AND a Sig P 230 as well as a couple 1911's and .38's. All have a place in my scheme of things.

It's your call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too was a P220 addict... I have several... I liked the 'no ON switch' design... I liked the out of the box accuracy... but have found myself stuffiing several XD45s into the safe of late... about the same size... same weight loaded... no 'ON' switch... and the XD has a MUCH better trigger.... I am conflicted as well... need to thin the herd and let go of one type or the other... and to make matters worse... the market value of the P220s has dropped by $100++ over the last few months... what to do.. what to do!! :confused:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I too was a P220 addict... I have several... I liked the 'no ON switch' design... I liked the out of the box accuracy... but have found myself stuffiing several XD45s into the safe of late... about the same size... same weight loaded... no 'ON' switch... and the XD has a MUCH better trigger.... I am conflicted as well... need to thin the herd and let go of one type or the other... and to make matters worse... the market value of the P220s has dropped by $100++ over the last few months... what to do.. what to do!! :confused:
Why the drop.....? I've been surfing the web and it's hard to find any used P220s. Impact has a NITB at $809 and Buds at $799. Any used ones I could find where in the $600-650 range.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Why the drop.....? I've been surfing the web and it's hard to find any used P220s. Impact has a NITB at $809 and Buds at $799. Any used ones I could find where in the $600-650 range.
NEW American made ( sorta ) certain models of P220s are gaining a bad rep with thier extractors of late, love my W. German 220 but I personally wouldn't buy a new one right now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If it is a p220 super match then yes!

If its a normal one, no..

Although, I just sold/traded two guns.. and in retrospect.. i lost cash on them.. and probably should have kept them. .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well last Christmas I bought a Sig 226 . It went back to the factory 4 times in 3 months. I sold it after the last trip home from the factory. They have the worst customer service I have ever had. Sent my Xd in for a sight adj. ( hitting 4" low) and the turn around from the time it left my hand till the time MR. UPS handed it back to me was 4 days ! Yes 4 days!!!! How can you go wrong with a great gun and great follow up service. If it was me your Sig would be sold at the next gun show and I would never look back!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have both an XD-Compact and a P220. I like each in different ways. They both shoot very well.

My choice would be to keep the P220 and buy another XD. I have always regretted getting rid of guns.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I love my XD45tac but I am not selling off any of my 1911s. Right tool for the right job. The XD is the only othe rpistol in my stable that even runs close to a good 1911 for accuracy & speed at engaging multiple target close to far.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Keep the Sig!! I own a P229 .40S&W and absolutely love it. My favorite gun. Love my XD 45 too. But the Sig is my favorite. Shoots great, top notch quality and fits my hand like a glove. I've always heard great things about the P220.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well last Christmas I bought a Sig 226 . It went back to the factory 4 times in 3 months. I sold it after the last trip home from the factory. They have the worst customer service I have ever had. Sent my Xd in for a sight adj. ( hitting 4" low) and the turn around from the time it left my hand till the time MR. UPS handed it back to me was 4 days ! Yes 4 days!!!! How can you go wrong with a great gun and great follow up service. If it was me your Sig would be sold at the next gun show and I would never look back!
That's better than mine, slide cracked on my 45 tactical and has been at the factory for 16 months, keep getting it will be shipped in two weeks for the last 6 months.:evil:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Sell the P220...
you're getting very sleepy
Sell the P220...
your eyelids are very heavy
Sell the P220...

PM me... :grin:

Seriously, keep it until the XD45 has removed any doubt. You can always sell later.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seriously, keep it until the XD45 has removed any doubt. You can always sell later.
? Must've missed something.....

I should tell you all my reasoning......one of our firearms trainers, (FIREARMZ - Firearms Training and Defense - Your Source for Professional Firearms Training - Ken Forbus - Certified Firearms Instructor) very good BTW, taken two courses with him....preaches "fighting" guns....and while the 220 is a great gun, it doesn't have the capacity of say a XD45, and if I buy another gun, my wife said she'll use on on me...:roll:....I pretty sure she's kidding, although she's not know for her sense of humor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Sig problems and the slow turn around on repairs. It's surprising to hear some of you guys are having problem with your Sigs. I've always found Sig Sauer to make quality guns.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you havent already, I would advise to NOT get rid of the Sig...This goes double if you have one with the external extractor (I do) as the newer models (with internal extractors) have had issues. But, with that said, the Sigs are generally accepted as one of the premier semi-autos available. Can they have issues? Sure. Name one gun that hasnt or isnt at least capable of such things.

I have a Sig P220R (.45 ACP) and an XD45. Given the choice of only one, I would keep the Sig. Nothing at all against the XD (although mine has experienced weird issues as of late), but I just believe the Sig is the better over-all weapon (and even better shooting since I installed a "short" trigger!). This is just based on MY experience with both guns, however.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How would I know if I have a internal extractor.....mine is a newer model?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts