Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently trolling er a looking at some threads on this forum and I ran across a post telling someone to stop trolling and stay out of our forum
I have only been a member for about 2 months and one thing I've learned is there are quite a bit of self proclaimed keepers of the forum The person being told to stay off the forum was a long time member with almost a 100 posts so my question is what does it take to get into the good old boys club
Heres my pledge

I pledge to clinch my teeth and fists and confront anyone who so much as mentions the G word
I pledge to ware my Xd shirt and XD gear hat at least 4 times a week
I pledge to only look at the G talk sight to look for dirt
I pledge to Sock square in the nose the next cry baby who crys wha the finish the finish
I pledge to check Pistol Gear and HS2000-XD.com before buying any assessor's

Screw all that! I will post my honest opinions and let the chips fall ware they may!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
It proabably depends on what that other guy said what thread was it. As far as Glock bashing why bother I personally own many firearms from different manufactures if people enjoyed firearms instead of going for a name brand I think people wuld be a lot happier. As far as joining the good ol boys club just call some one else a troll:) Or just post your questions, observations etc even if its not xd related. I see you like fishing I grew up in the Antalope valley in CA, not much fishing so I have never been. I want to go deep sea fishing by the end of summer though.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Or, reach the 4000 post mark, with 3000 of those posts not really being relevant, important, informative, interesting, funny, or anything else.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think fishing is one of the few things I would rather do then shoot the guys I've fished with all my life all hunt but I'm 39 and just got my first gun this year there all telling me I told you so now that i'm an instant gun junky

·
Registered
229 Posts
It is one thing to post emotion and feelings and observations and the like, I personally have no quarrel with anything anyone says.

Trolling to me is the antagonistic behavior displayed to annoy and aggrevate and nothing else. In reality, one would probably smack the agitator, yet now they have smack free environment to agitate.

But then again, I am a big believer of the power contained in the mouse, if I don't like it, I can click away ... 8)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I dunno man, it takes a while to get into the good ol boys club. There's only a handful of those guys.
(Computernerd was well on his way to becoming a good old boy!! Neone remember that guy?)
I suppose some requisites are that your posts should be in the thousands,
and you should have been here before the hack. I think I got here a couple weeks after the hack. I remember thinking to myself what a skimpy forum this was, with all of 9 pages of topics. My how its grown.

On the other hand, is it just me, or does it seem as though Xdtalk has had less than the usual amount of activity.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
RangeRat said:
Screw all that! I will post my honest opinions and let the chips fall ware they may!
Me too: your spelling sucks and I don't care! :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Nice fish ya got there. How did you catch it? TROLLing? :lol:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I agree with you post what you want and let them fall trolling would be like saying fishing is for faigs you can also just read and mind your business while you post count may not be high there are times where it is better to let folks who may know better than you give the answers

By the way, I tried that run-on sentence and it just killed me, I have to use punctuation when I type.

Welcome to the boards, sit back and enjoy (it has in fact been a while since a good, ole fashioned pi$$ing match broke out).

T

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Why is this XD Related????? :roll:
Are you a
Always keep one of these on hand in case computernerd or nickle show up

I spend alot of time in here and always try to help the newby's with questions that have 50 threads.
The action has lightend up a bit I just like it here the best 8) .
Every time I go to enos forum you could spend five days without ever bieng in the same thread as someone else.
If you ask a repeat question they burn you at the stake.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This post went a long way to making me an accepted member I started it because I was bord And thats defiantly trolling
I"ve been told its in the wrong forum definite points
My spelling and grasp of the English language have been made fun of major points I here theres a spell checker maybe I will download it or maybe not
Ive been told a sentence is usually less than 300 words more points
My avatar was made fun of more points
I was called a troll with pictures Major points
Ajames almost went off on me I could tell he held back more points
So I figure a couple years and a few thousand posts and I"m in maybe

This is a new sentence
I will try to keep my future posts to the point and in the right forum and I would like to say thanks to everyone especially Old School and aJames they both have been more than nice and helped me even on the newbie questions also I use Pistol Gear and XD-hs2000 because they rock (order on Friday get it on Monday)

·
Registered
678 Posts
"high numbers either means you contribute alot.. or your a looser with no life" +1

Rat, you forgot to tell all the others who didn't help you to "Sod Off" bro...

There is tons of less hostile folks here than you think, those of us who made fun of grammar and run on sentences have nothing better to do than take time to point it out I guess...

Don't let us F-Nozzles hose up your experience here, jump in, the water is great.

T

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oldmantod said:
"high numbers either means you contribute alot.. or your a looser with no life" +1

Rat, you forgot to tell all the others who didn't help you to "Sod Off" bro...

There is tons of less hostile folks here than you think, those of us who made fun of grammar and run on sentences have nothing better to do than take time to point it out I guess...

Don't let us F-Nozzles hose up your experience here, jump in, the water is great.

T
This forum and everyone on it Rocks!. a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone certainly not me again thanks to everyone on this forum

·
Registered
250 Posts
RangeRat said:
This forum and everyone on it Rocks!. a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone certainly not me again thanks to everyone on this forum
Damn, you're such a push-over! :wink:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts