Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant remember the name/brand for these. An NRA TC I know shoots them and loves them. They are supposed to be cheaper than most defense loads too. Anyone know them?

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think those are more expensive than traditional hollowpoints, though, arent they?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Don't know what they cost, I don't use them. But, they are the only cartridge I know of that uses an aluminum bullet. And they are a hollowpoint. They have a bad reputation with Police around here, seems that the hollowpoint closes up too quickly, so they don't expand well.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I've heard they are good in .45ACP, but less-than-good in 9mm.

Don't base anything on what I've heard, though...

·
Registered
287 Posts
wfrazee said:
I cant remember the name/brand for these. An NRA TC I know shoots them and loves them. They are supposed to be cheaper than most defense loads too. Anyone know them?
are you by chance refering to IQ by Aguila?

If so they are very accurate and low recoil..... I tend to think of them as a pre fragmented hollow point. They are awesome in .45 acp... I am not sure I would trust them in 9mm... and they are about nine or ten bucks per box of twenty.

as always AMMV

·
Registered
115 Posts
Silvertips have not had aluminum jackets for years now. It is a silver colored copper jacket. The only difference between the 115 and 147 JHPs in the USA and Silvertip lines is the color of the copper jacket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts