Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a bit of guidance here gentlemen (and ladies if applicable). Summer is coming and my little girl wants to go to "horsey camp". Due to this my budget for bullets is goings to be a bit tight. I currently am using Berry's plated bullets and have been pretty satisfied with them after shooting a few thousand. I'm wondering if you guys know of a comparable brand that might be a bit cheaper?

I know switching to cast would be a nice savings but the range I normally shoot at does not allow lead bullets (something about being an indoor range?). If Berry's is pretty much as cheap as it gets for a decent quality bullet then I can deal with it but it would be nice if I missed a manufacturer that offers pretty much the same thing for less.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: nevermind. After doing more searching I think I have to stick with what I'm using unless I want to buy a case from Montana Gold.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
PD or MontanaGold are pretty tough to beat for true jacketed bullets @ palted prices or less.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I'm not sure which route I'm going to take but you have been helpful.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I've used all the brands mentioned. Other than sometimes long delivery times, I really like Precision Delta. Also like Montana Gold, but just be aware that their jackets are a lot harder than most jackets.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also X treme bullets another Plated Bullet they shoot well I get mine 40 cal 110 per 1000

9mm 115 80 per 1000
9mm 124 85 per 1000

I have an order for 500 115 and 500 124s 82.50 for the 1000 projectiles

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Also X treme bullets another Plated Bullet they shoot well I get mine 40 cal 110 per 1000

9mm 115 80 per 1000
9mm 124 85 per 1000

I have an order for 500 115 and 500 124s 82.50 for the 1000 projectiles
SInce PD are cheaper than anyone's plated, I gues I don't understand why one would go that route? Plated offer their own reloading challenges that can be avoided using jacketed. I shoot mostly lead bullets, when I need a jacketed bullet, I actually use jacketed. :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
SInce PD are cheaper than anyone's plated, I gues I don't understand why one would go that route? Plated offer their own reloading challenges that can be avoided using jacketed. I shoot mostly lead bullets, when I need a jacketed bullet, I actually use jacketed. :confused:
Precision Delta doesn't actually appear to have any stock.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Precision Delta doesn't actually appear to have any stock.
PD runs their bullets in lots, so if they are out, call or e-mail, they'll give you a date when they are back up & running that caliber/weight. It's usually no more than 2wks max. I assume you are looking for 9/124? They have 115gr & 147gr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts