Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put an XD service model in .40 cal on layaway at the local gunshop. I was teetering on the Glock or the XD
After handling both and I went with the XD
Now just the wait until I get to take it home!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think you made a good choice!

I like everything about the XD better than the glock.

It's a great gun!

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good choice... You won't regret your purchase.

Welcome to XDTalk by the way!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome aboard from New Orleans! You shant be disappointed!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congratulations on the new XD! You think you liked it when you held it...wait 'till you shoot it! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been searching but can't find the answer to this
I swear I remember a thumb safety on my XD before putting it in lay away and I am still a few weeks from getting it.
I don't want to be a pain and stop at the gun shop and ask to look at it
But I am curious if the XD .40 Service model could have a thumb safety. every search that mentions one talks about the .45acp
The day I put it on lay away I looked at several different pistols and don’t remember 100% sure mine has the thumb safety, I am 95% sure it does
Does the .40 Service model have a thumb safety?

·
Registered
538 Posts
The thumb safety is available as an option on the xd .45 Service model.

Springfield Armory

Not sure if the it is an option on the .40, but the Springfield page only shows it for the .45

And, as always, I am no expert!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just purchased an XD .40 service, 4" and was not afforded the option to add a thumb safety... Not sure that means it is not available, but the process I went through did not include that option...

Either way, it is an awesome pistol!!! I'm barely on day 4 of the "you must wait 10 days before you can pick up the pistol you worked very hard to afford" California waiting period...

Can you tell I'm growing impatient? :twisted:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sprung the XD from layaway and all I can say is WOW!!!
I only have about 200 rounds through her

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yup no thumb safety except for the .45acp model. It was only added to that model to meet some requirements of certain law enforcement agencies.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
The XD's are sweet shooters hu?? Great choice ya made there. May it forever serve you well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
one more week till i pick my xdm up... was going to save up and buy one our right but i found a killer deal and put it on layaway. god bless america and layaway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts