Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this usually "never" happens to me... but I'm the maintenance supervisor at a very large apartment complex... yawn... etc, etc....
Today while answering an emergency call on a water leak there was a young lady and her boyfriend talking about selling her "now deceased" father's old gun... she really didn't want it and wanted it out of her apartment, her boyfriend told her she would be lucky to get 50.00 for it........ well being nosy I asked what it was....... it was a "like new" could be new in the box Sig-Sauer P6 225 in 9mm...... made in Germany..... I offered them 50.00 cash and she took it right up......... OMG I couldn't believe it.
The gun has absolutely no scratches or wear marks anywhere, not even holster wear. When I disassembled the gun, it appears that it's never been shot except by the factory....no marks even on the magazines what a sweet deal!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
You. Suck.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm so mad. And how could you prey on someone's lack of knowledge of guns? Shame on you, lol. GREAT DEAL!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
dont get me wrong i am very happy for you!
but you suck! is that type that are being sold as police trade ins? i think they call them a p6 maybe?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on a great find. Right place, right time!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

sorry i have to find some reason to hate you less

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Some guys have all the luck.

Thats funny I always have it in the back of my mind that Ill find a brand new sig p220 or the like at a garage sale for next to nothing.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Hope its not a stolen gun and they just scammed you :p

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Damn you, Why cant i ever find a deal like that. Congrats on your new gun.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Her boyfriend is a derelict. "Lucky to get $50.00 out of it"? I would have given $200 for it without batting an eye. I just did on another P6. And, thought I got a awesome deal.

And, I do not care what any other person thinks or says, or what their opinion is. The fact of the matter is that these guns would be worth $450 EASILY if it weren't for the fact the market wasn't flooded with so many quality police trade ins. They are more reliable and better quality than many other guns that are twice the price.

They are the single best value on the market.

Good score, smooth!

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
mp3mogul,
Ehh... I'll give you $75 (+S&H) for it... just think, 50% profit overnight! Better than the stock market!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

sorry i have to find some reason to hate you less
LOL, nope, it was just a reflection or something in the photo, pulled the screws out and checked...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
WELL... What about the side with all the levers... looks like rust there by the hammer AHHAHA!!!!

WE WIN!!

Great deal BTW =)

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Now tell her that you'll buy her lunch if she'll accompany you to the gunshop to fill out a transfer (at your expense).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts