Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say it was not as easy as some would say. The BHO lever and spring assembly just did not want to go in. Also, using the factory spring was difficult fitting in. Other then that, all went well. My original pistol grip didnt fit very tight in the back so Im getting a new model. My MD20 needed both A and B fittings to work also. I like how it turned out though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, I was using an ATI ak grip and it wasnt fitting well towards the rear of the grip. I shortened a little off the grip screw and it fits quite snug now. Id say that wraps up this little project. I figure $500 for the gun and about $400 in parts.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Looks good! The hardest part for me was getting the axis pin retaining spring (shepards crook) in place. If I ever remove it again, to refinish my receiver, I'm going to replace it with the axis pin retaining plate instead, looks to be much easier to install!

Post up some more pics when you get your new pistol grip mounted!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the retaining plate too, and it didnt snap in quite as well as I thought it would. The problem was that the pins werent in all the way and not catching on the ridge of the plate. After that was solved, it slid in nicely. The second problem was the safety lever hole didnt line up without a little wiggle room, but that was because I needed to take some material off the rear of the safety lever. Now it looks great.

Not as easy as the videos make it look, but I was glad to have them to watch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts