Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
picked up my upper today along with a few other goodies, all i'm waiting on now is the rail and the buffer tube assembly. talked to ups today and it has in fact been confirmed that they did lose my buffer tube. idiots. not the first time they've lost something. my rail should be here by the end of next week, hopefully. i got an 11" TROY standard battle free float rail. this baby's gonna be sexy when she's all done up!!! its a JD upper, decided to go with that cause i knew it would obviously have a perfect fit with my JD lower and the finish would be an exact match. also got my CTR stock, BAD lever, MBUS sights, pmag and some XTM rail covers that i forgot to shoot in the pic.

JD machine tech lower
Doublestar LPK
JD M4 upper
JD forged charging handle.
JD low profile gas block
Citadel 16" 5.56 Nato 1-9 twist 416 stainless mid length barrel bead blasted matte.
Mil spec bolt, chrome lined carrier and gas key, side staked.
And a missing spike's tactical buffer tube assembly!!

some of you already know that i was planning on ordering the spikes tactical upper....but i decided to not go that route because of the 12 week wait! i wanna shoot it now!!!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Congrats.

I too was surprised by magpul, I have always heard of great poducts and customer support, but when I ordered my parts from them, it took a week to ship. I called a few days after ordering online and they said they had all the parts instock, but they had to pull my order. 3 days later it shipped.

Not complaining, just was surprised.

Point being is don't worry to much about magpul, they will ship as soon as they can

·
Registered
793 Posts
i just purchased my JD machine tech lower and sadly because i live in CA, i have to wait 10 days before picking it up, i get to pick it up on Wednesday! cant wait, i'm one of those really impatient people that would rather drive 2 hours to buy what i want from a store than order it online and wait 3-10 days for it to show up at my door step. i also just bought my doublestar LPK, and a bullet button, and i ordered a spikes tactical buffer tube assembly and magpul ctr stock, which still hasn't shipped yet so hopefully it will ship within the next week. soon as my tax return gets here i'm going to be order a spike's tactical upper and the 10 week wait on that is going to kill me!!!
i'll get some pics up when i pick up my lower and keep this thread updated as i add new parts, be ready for one sexy gun!
You have to wait 10 days for the upper as well? In GA, they just shipped that right to my door, since it isn't the part with the serial number on it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually bought my magpul stock from spikes with the buffer tube.

And I only have to wait 10 days on the lower, not anything else.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Looking good...Good luck and enjoy the new build...:)

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
I want to see the finished product! :D

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Congrats.

I too was surprised by magpul, I have always heard of great poducts and customer support, but when I ordered my parts from them, it took a week to ship. I called a few days after ordering online and they said they had all the parts instock, but they had to pull my order. 3 days later it shipped.

Not complaining, just was surprised.

Point being is don't worry to much about magpul, they will ship as soon as they can
its better to order magpul stuff from other sites, like AIM Surplus, they give free shipping on magpul products anyways. Price is the same so theres no reason to order from magpuls website

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
its better to order magpul stuff from other sites, like AIM Surplus, they give free shipping on magpul products anyways. Price is the same so theres no reason to order from magpuls website
Yeah, I figured that one out the hard way.....lol

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
Well, that's a start.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
steyrsdad said:
what is takeing so long? I cant wait to see it.
The spike's tactical uppers are just waaaaay backordered! They've gotten pretty damn popular over the years!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Looks like its coming together very nicely!
Whats the specs on the upper (barrel length, barrel type,5.56 or 223,chambering,and twist rate)?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jn_fsu said:
Looks like its coming together very nicely!
Whats the specs on the upper (barrel length, barrel type,5.56 or 223,chambering,and twist rate)?
Just updated the first post with some specs for ya, put em under the pics.

·
Registered
791 Posts
i have never heard of JD. been trying to google it but i dont know what to type in, anyone have a link...gun looks sharp

1 - 20 of 25 Posts