Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out as...

Ordered my CMMG upper, bbl, bcg, handle and Vltor EMOD stock. I chopped down the FSB because I am putting on a 10" Troy FF which is on the way, also on the way are the Troy sights (front and rear). I just ordered some moly resin as well, I'm gonna coat the FSB and about 12 cp mags in a matte black once that gets in. For optics I have an Aimpoint CompM4s and an Aimpoint 3x Magnifier, which will be mounted on a LaRue QD pivot mount...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Why didn't you just buy a new low profile gas block? Just saving the money? It looks great though !!

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why didn't you just buy a new low profile gas block? Just saving the money? It looks great though !!
Naw, just wanted to try it. I actually have a low profile gas block, but I wanted to give this a try. I'll probably clean it up some more, but I ran out of cutting wheels and sanding paper for my Dremel. I do need to make a run out to Lowes, so I'll buy some then and clean it up. I actually think it will turn out great once I clean it up some more.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used my dremel and a lot of cutting wheels! Then I used my sanding contours to shape it. It eats up a lot of paper and puts out a lot of dust! If you decide to do this yourself, WEAR A MASK!

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
I assume you also used your dremel to cut off the delta ring as well.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I decided to put my Burris XTR-14 on top and use the M4s and magnifier for my soon to come LMT CQB MRP AR...

CMMG AR-15 (built)
FSB chop mod into LPG
Troy FF 10" Handguard
Troy flip up sights
VLTOR EMOD Stock
Burris XTR-14
A.R.M.S. throw mount and rings
Hogue grips
Magpul rail covers

I'm going to add a mini red dot (RDP II) on there soon... Just to add a little bit more icing to the cake! :)

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the sight chop? I have a couple Stag carbine kits coming and want to do the same thing.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have any pictures of the sight chop? I have a couple Stag carbine kits coming and want to do the same thing.
here it is before I cleaned it up and duracoated it...

link, just incase picture doesn't work

I didn't take a picture of it, after cleaning it up (sanding out the edges and making it look "prettier") and duracoating... But from now on, I think I know what kind of LPG I will be using for any of my future builds. :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts