Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my parts journey is nearing an end with Ol' Lana. I believe when I am done I will be sad and happy. Much like having a child graduate college. Sad because she will be all grown up and complete, happy because that means starting a new project. Here is a look back to over a year and a half of one awesome journey haha. I think I am going to concentrate on modernizing my AK-47 (Daciana) after I fully complete Lana. Then it's back to some sort of 7.62 NATO Black rifle build!

Equipped:
- EOTech 512 Holosight
- VLTOR Carbine Modstock (oldschool version)
- ERGO Suregrip (larger palm swell, much more comfortable IMO)
- Troy Industries Combat grip
- PWS FSC556 Flash suppressor/compensator
- Daniel Defense 1" diameter Offset Light mount
- Fenix TA21 225 lumen, 12 mode light
- JP Enterprises 3.5 lb Trigger Spring kit (realistically around 4 lbs)
- SPEC-OPS MAMBA M4 Sling
- Magpul B.A.D. Lever
- Magpul PMAG's
- Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (Aluminum)
- Accuwedge rifle buffer
- GG&G QD Sling swivel
- BCM Gunfighter Mod3 Charging Handle
- FN SCAR Magazine (love these things)
- Pro Mag Magazine Couplers

On the way:
- Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector (B.A.D. A.S.S.) Standard sizes
- Laserlyte Kryptonyte K-15 green laser
- GG&G QD Extreme duty swivel bipod (Maybe)
- GG&G "Infidel" EOTech 512 Lens Cover
- Samson MFG. Field Survivor FS-001
- C Mag 100 rnds (for fun)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nice looking rifle. Good job on it.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking rifle. Good job on it.
Thanks alot willow, It was certainly fun, and I learned a crap load about AR's in the process. I have a PA 5x magnifier, but decided not to mount it because I with a Flip to Side mount, flipped to the left (in the way of charging handle), flipped to the right (case strikes), using a QD mount (wont clear my Matech BUIS) Lose, lose, lose. Lost actually, money that is. Thats okay I will just keep it for a rainy day. I figured hey this is a CQB rifle anyway, I will build something for long range later. It would have been nice to work out but thats life. Plus it might have given it a crowded look with the Bipod on there, another bolt on that might over crowd her. Any way thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new build...:)
Well she is over a year and a half old or something like that. Im just now getting close to finishing her up, shes got a bit more to go, then its off to the races with my AK. But thank you very much!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Dang, that thing is UGLY.........can I have it? ;)

Great job man.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many rounds have you got through it? How's it shoot?
I maybe have 1,000 rnds through it, thats it. I have not had the time to really go out and play with her too much with my security officer job. I work 3rd shift midnight to 8am @ the Greenville Memorial Hospital. I have also been saving up to rent a house with about 5 acres and a little tool shop on the property as well to do my gunsmithing and reloading. Also I need to purchase a gun safe. I am running out of room storing them all over the damn house. I am going to buy some Federal 62 gr. Steel core penetrators and some range ammo on my birthday (July 17) So I will be saving money by shooting in my yard lol. She has not had one hiccup so far though. She shoots like a dream, very nice trigger pull with a clean break. Very accurate considering she has an EOTech, I will eventually get an ACOG.

Gorgeous rifle !!!!
Thank you very much Mike! I love her immensely. She is my baby Lana lol

Whew... that was sexxy:)
Haha thanks brother, yea she is one sexy piece of machinery. I love her very much!

Dang, that thing is UGLY.........can I have it? ;)

Great job man.
Hahaha, yes she has been beaten with an ugly stick! Only a rifle a father could love haha. You can have it for the small price of 1 billion dollars!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am ready to build a new one, I am thinking 7.62 NATO this time, but I really want that magpul lower, hmm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts