Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
What are you going to do for optics? sights? red dot? etc ... It's a really nice rifle. Lets hear all of the specs.

Did you use HDR to make the images? What kind of camera did you use? Also, where at in Florida? I'm in Central Florida myself. I just got mine, finally.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you going to do for optics? sights? red dot? etc ... It's a really nice rifle. Lets hear all of the specs.

Did you use HDR to make the images? What kind of camera did you use? Also, where at in Florida? I'm in Central Florida myself. I just got mine, finally.
Most likely going with Troy rear flip-up iron sight.

I'm also leaning towards the EOTech 512.

HDR - Negative. Shot with a Nikon D300 and 50mm f/1.8 - SB600 Speedlight

Current Specs:
CMMG Lower Receiver
CMMG Lower Parts Kit
Magpul CTR Mil-spec Stock
CMMG Milspec Buffer Tube Assembly
Magpul CTR PMAG's Windowed
LMT 16" Carbine Upper Receiver (flattop) 5.56 NATO - chrome lined barrel, 1/7 twist
Troy MRF-DI - Quad Rail System
Tangodown Rail Covers
Tangodown Foregrip

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
nice!

you will love the Troy flip up rear sight.

no plan's for a black Miad grip?

it looks like the "LMT" logo on your upper reciever is silver/white in color? mine is tan/gold in color.

my next rifle will be black. :D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice set-ups. I've got the Eotech 512AA and love it. It's a great piece. I've got a Nikon D40X with a few lenses that does the job for me. So were the images doctored at all or just straight from the camera? If not, they look great !!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice!

you will love the Troy flip up rear sight.

no plan's for a black Miad grip?

it looks like the "LMT" logo on your upper reciever is silver/white in color? mine is tan/gold in color.

my next rifle will be black. :D
Yeah - I don't know about the grip yet. I actually really like the stock grip.

Yes my LMT is silver/white.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice set-ups. I've got the Eotech 512AA and love it. It's a great piece. I've got a Nikon D40X with a few lenses that does the job for me. So were the images doctored at all or just straight from the camera? If not, they look great !!
Yeah I think I want the AA over the CR123.

The D40x can take just as nice of photos.

It's really about getting the right exposure and nailing it. On that shot I used 1/100th of a second @ f/4, ISO 200, SB600 set to -1.0ev, flash pointed at ceiling with stofen diffuser on top.

Brought into CS3 to cleanup (burn) light areas and minor level adjustment.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've got a quick question. I just got my rifle and put my Tango Down forward grip on it. I can't get the little four buttons on the side to go up all the way once it's mounted. It won't move but they don't go all the way up ... something wrong with it? It almost looks like yours are the same way.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a quick question. I just got my rifle and put my Tango Down forward grip on it. I can't get the little four buttons on the side to go up all the way once it's mounted. It won't move but they don't go all the way up ... something wrong with it? It almost looks like yours are the same way.
Yeah they don't go all the way up. It had to knock it hard and I heard them all "pop" in and it's solid now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
that is EXACTLY how i want my gun to look

simple and sexy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is EXACTLY how i want my gun to look

simple and sexy
Why thank you! I too wanted something simple, clean and functional.

This fits the bill! I built the gun just how I thought it should look and that's the only way to get it just right IMO.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yeah they don't go all the way up. It had to knock it hard and I heard them all "pop" in and it's solid now.
Same here. I couldn't get them to go up with my hands so I just tapped them with a flat blade screwdriver and my hand. I heard them pop in but they are still in the middle. It's weird because my desktop is a picture of an AR and the same forward grip and the buttons are all the way up. I'm guessing it's the difference in the rails.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same here. I couldn't get them to go up with my hands so I just tapped them with a flat blade screwdriver and my hand. I heard them pop in but they are still in the middle. It's weird because my desktop is a picture of an AR and the same forward grip and the buttons are all the way up. I'm guessing it's the difference in the rails.
Entirely possible...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
So where are you at in Florida? I went to your website and nothing is on it. What is it about? I'm guessing a Corvette Z06, am I right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts