Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stop in a small gun shop in Mentor Ohio tonight to look for some more Hi-cap Xd-40 magazines and low and behold what did they have but two XD Tactical versions along with several bi-tone models in both service and sub-compacts versions. One Tactical was in 40S&W and one in 9mm. Wow! do they feel good in the hand. I really like my XD-40 Service but that Tactical looks and feels pretty sweet.

How many of you guys own both service and tactical versions? How much different does your Tactical perform then the Service? Does the extra weight and extra sight radius make it noticeable more accurate? How would you compare the recoil between the two?

He was asking $469 for the XD Tactical with two magazines. I only paid $420 for my XD Service with three magazines and a XD-gear holster. How does that price sound for a Tactical? Anyone have a good idea on how to sneak this one past the “girlfriend with two rings”?

mcb

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the SC 9 and the Tactical 45. Havent even shot the tactical yet but I know its going to be a favorite. The tacticals are just cool.I would get a service too but I already have an S&W 4516 4 inch 45 and if I sneak one more new gun in the safe, the wife will surely find out.

Bob

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
mcb said:
I stop in a small gun shop in Mentor Ohio tonight to look for some more Hi-cap Xd-40 magazines and low and behold what did they have but two XD Tactical versions along with several bi-tone models in both service and sub-compacts versions. One Tactical was in 40S&W and one in 9mm. Wow! do they feel good in the hand. I really like my XD-40 Service but that Tactical looks and feels pretty sweet.

How many of you guys own both service and tactical versions? How much different does your Tactical perform then the Service? Does the extra weight and extra sight radius make it noticeable more accurate? How would you compare the recoil between the two?

He was asking $469 for the XD Tactical with two magazines. I only paid $420 for my XD Service with three magazines and a XD-gear holster. How does that price sound for a Tactical? Anyone have a good idea on how to sneak this one past the “girlfriend with two rings”?

mcb
Offer him $420 then. Gun shops expect you to bargain. :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do think I would bargain with him a little if I decide to purchase it. I figure he could throw in a nice range bag for free so I'd have something to carry the new XD out of the store in.

But what am I going to do with two XD-40's? How much different is shooting the Tactical over the Service? I might sell my Service but I do like the way it rides on my belt and after 1400 round through it I shoot it pretty good. Has anyone tried carrying their Tactical in the XD-gear holster with the barrel sticking out that extra inch? How much does the extra length help/hurt its usability? Do you think the Tactical would be better for IPSC production class then my service model? After one match I am addicted to IPSC.

Too many questions, not to mention dealing with the wrath of the "girlfriend with two rings" I still have to refinish the Second floor bathroom and Kitchen. I might just end up being the first target shot at :shock: with that new XD-40 Tactical, I made the mistake of showing her how to operate my XD-40 Service not to mention she has her own SxS 12 gauge. Hmmmm... many things to consider.

Rambling
mcb

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just factor in the cost of buying her another ring, or maybe a nice tennis bracelet? Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts