Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes its alost a year later, but where are our free flowing xd full capacity magazines. Remember this time last year we were speculating if congress would reach the summer break without passing a new AWB. Have all of you been able to find all the full capacity mags you want. I dont want to put a poll.....I just finished today with reasearh methods for forensics. Basically it was, no it was a statistics class it sucked it was the worst last month but its basically over. Polls you have to interpret so just answer if your happy with the ammount of xd mags out there

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
No. And it would be nice if the price came down.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The price needs to get down to the level of Gloc magazines....dealer price on them are super cheap which gets passed on to the consumer.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
bd said:
Reckon we're braggin' on our guns so much that SA knows we'll pay whatever they charge?

bd
I would by a crap load more magazines so that I dont have to reload at the range as often if they werent $20 a pop. That adds up kinda quick. Thats like a box or two of ammo that I am not going to buy.

Personally, I think the one problem fits into the other. Glock magazines are plentiful. They have been around for a long time and there is no real problem establishing supply. With XD, the supply and demand is much tighter. Production of the mags from springfield is still working to get a good inventory going for all the shops and distributors that need them. Hence, they can keep the price high and dealers will have to pay because, hey, there arent that many (relatively speaking) to go around and if dealerXYZ doesnt buy them then competitor ABC accross the street might.

On top of that you have after market suppliers which continue to boost thier own prices for an expanded profit margin because they can sell at $2 less than springfield armory and still make a killing per-magazine because the S-D dynamics of stock mags are so inflated.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I've seen them at Sportsman's Warehouse from time to time. I bought a couple of LEO marked ones from someone here a while back, and they are great.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
wfrazee said:
bd said:
Reckon we're braggin' on our guns so much that SA knows we'll pay whatever they charge?

bd
I would by a crap load more magazines so that I dont have to reload at the range as often if they werent $20 a pop.
$20?!?!? Where are you finding them that cheap? The XD mags I can find here (our only gun range) are $30 each!

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
One more gripe in protest. :evil:

When the ban was on, I paid $100 each for hi-caps
for my Sig P229. Just yesterday, I checked the Sig site
and they still are too high at $39.95. Then at my
favorite dealer, he told me that the Bushy 30 round
.223 mags were going up from $21.95 to $24.95.

What gives anyway! We getting ripped off or what?
I don't need another magazine for the rest of my life,
but if Glock can do the low price magazine thing, why
the blazes cannot the others? Could it be GREED?

Ed

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Prices won't go down until the market is flooded with XD mags. Like I said, Just a few years to go.

I tried to sell some 30 round 223 mags (used) at ar15.com. Those bungholes thought my price was to high. :roll: $12.00 each. Still got two left.

·
Registered
268 Posts
http://www.pistol-gear.com has them for 22.99. i just got some a week or so ago from them and they have outstanding customer service. 22.99 is a great price for OEM hi caps,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Our range has had only 3 for the SC and none so far for the Tactical in the last 7 months. I had to buy a Tactical to get those two.

I bought all 3 and spent $80 after tax. If the quality is there I'll pay $24 a piece as long as they function properly and for me they didn't. They won't drop freely out of the SC. They are fine on the Tactical, but the sub doesn't let them go. I've had the sub for 7 months and the tactical for about a week. I don't think they are going to ride down with wear.

I've tried to use cheap AR-15 mags before($10). I'll pay triple what a cheap mag is if it works right all the time.

I think some folks are expecting another AWB in the future so they are stocking up and keeping prices higher. At least that's what my friends and I ared doing. Stocking up for the next go round. I went thru allot of hi-cap mags in ten years.

Best part is the wife thinks it's a good idea too.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't know you guys.. Every time I go to Sportsmans Wharehouse they have 15 rd. mags for about $15.00 each. (no sales tax in Oregon.) They typically have 15-20 in stock whenever I go there.

I havn't bought that many of them. I have three 15 rounders.. that fills my pistol, and two round mag carrier.. then I can have the two 10 rounders in the glove compartment just in case. That is plenty for me.

I havn't ever had a problem getting them.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Captain Ray said:
I havn't ever had a problem getting them.

Raymond
That's because nobody lives in Oregon! :p

·
Registered
527 Posts
Captain Ray said:
I don't know you guys.. Every time I go to Sportsmans Wharehouse they have 15 rd. mags for about $15.00 each. (no sales tax in Oregon.) They typically have 15-20 in stock whenever I go there.

Raymond
Damn, the local Sportsman's never has any. I've seen them every once and awhile at Gander Mt. for about $30. I haven't been to a gun show in awhile, but I doubt it's any diffrent.

That settles it. Time to start working on a belt fed XD.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Ed Ely said:
One more gripe in protest. :evil:

When the ban was on, I paid $100 each for hi-caps
for my Sig P229. Just yesterday, I checked the Sig site
and they still are too high at $39.95. Then at my
favorite dealer, he told me that the Bushy 30 round
.223 mags were going up from $21.95 to $24.95.

What gives anyway! We getting ripped off or what?
I don't need another magazine for the rest of my life,
but if Glock can do the low price magazine thing, why
the blazes cannot the others? Could it be GREED?

Ed
Bushmaster stamps their name on it and charges alot. There are plenty of other magazines out there that never fail and go for 13-17 bucks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The price of metal is going up...not to metion the oil. In the last year our wire/cable suppliers and even our fastener suppliers have raised prices 8 to 10 percent at least 3 different times now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts