Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kimson Handicraft out of Vietnam constructed a white set of grips for my Sig 1911 with mother of pearl inlay of the Maltese cross. I got them in less than 60 days. Two months later at the end of May 2013, I ordered a black set of the same grips for my Ruger SR1911. Now, I am a big proponent of buying American. I drive a Lincoln, almost all my weapons (except my Sig and AKs) are from American companies, etc. etc. However, in this case, this company was the ONLY one I could find that had grips like these. Anyway, it bit me in the a$$... I just got the black set 2 days ago. That's darn near a year of wait time. WTF? Plus, I had to hound them with a trail of 20+ e-mails which included me threatening to contact the US Department of State and FBI. Although the grips look wicked good, I would NEVER do business with these guys again and it shows you it's always better to buy American.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
That sux....NICE GRIPS THO!! lol

·
Registered
19,924 Posts
Customs and who knows what happens.

And it better be a rear wheel drive Lincoln. That brand sadly isn't what it used to be. Lincoln died with the Towncar unless Ford gets their head out of their ass (Ford branded stuff rocks though. Lincoln is just gussied up Ford right now, more so than ever.)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Customs and who knows what happens.

And it better be a rear wheel drive Lincoln. That brand sadly isn't what it used to be. Lincoln died with the Towncar unless Ford gets their head out of their ass (Ford branded stuff rocks though. Lincoln is just gussied up Ford right now, more so than ever.)
I wish it was customs or the mail system. It was Kimson's incompetence. Here are a couple of their e-mail responses over the near year long wait:
(received 6/21/13)
Dear Sir,

Thank for your order. But some error on our website, we did not saw detail your order.

Please help we cornfirm your order.

Wait for your PM!

Ms. Binh Phan Thi
Staff Officer

Kim Son Craft Office
KimSonCraft.Com
HandiCraft-Vn.Com
Phone: +84 8 37817179
Fax:+84 8 37840414

Next one received 8/20/13

Dear Sir,

Sorry for late to reply your inquiry. We just come back after long time to go out to collect the horn raw material to make the order.

We just check your order . It still making on our small workshop.

We are a family business. We make everything here, reply email by ourselves. We only stock the raw material and when customer order - we will start to make from it. That why it take little long time than trading company. But we control the quality by ourselves. We inspect the items by ourselves. You could see best quality from us.

Please wait and let me do your handmade custom order here.

We will try finish and ship your order at the begin next month.

Ms. Binh Phan Thi
Staff Officer

Kim Son Craft Office
KimSonCraft.Com
HandiCraft-Vn.Com
Phone: +84 8 37817179

This one received 10/28/13

Dear Sirs or Madams,

Please accept my apologize. Unfortunately, we have recently moved our new office to a new location and this has resulted in some considerable delay in replying. The moved has now been completed and your order has been done. I will dispatch your order on next month (November/2013).You could view our new workshop camera online via:

kimsoncraft.no-ip.biz
Username: guest
Password: No password (Blank)

Please wait for our production.

Thank you for your waiting!

Ms. Yen Nguyen
Staff officer
KimSonCraft.Com

And this one before I threatened with the FBI and State Dept in March

Dear (redacted)

I will ship it on next month.
please wait for my product.

Ms. Nga
Staff Officer

So, all in all, they screwed up and lost my order and weren't going to ship until threatened.

On the Lincolns... smoothest ride on the road, but I agree they are more Ford than Lincoln nowadays. Still a good product though.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Well, reputable companies are reputable for a reason. That's why I tend to stick with them. Sometimes when you roll the dice you wind up losing. It sucks, but lesson learned.

Glad you finally got your product. Guess if I want a custom grip and don't care how long it takes this company may be worth doing business with. Kinda like PSA... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts