Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...an angry fiance and an empty wallet. :lol:

My new CMMG 16" M4 Carbine / standard pmags / Tasco Red Dot(temp eotech substitute) / Case-

Just a few weeks ago I posted a thread wanting to know more about the OLY rifles because I finally decided I wanted my first AR. Did my homework and this is what I brought home, couldn't be happier...definitely worth the extra money spent. Once the ol' lady cools down a bit, I'll be grabbing up some more items. My XD-45 is on the 'back burner' for now, but I still have a list of things I want for it as well. :wink:

Any suggestions on what I should got for 'er? Will be for home protection and light/medium range use.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I can see it now:

"Honey, we are going to have to postpone the wedding. With a new AWB coming I have decided to invest everything in AR parts and mags..."

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can see it now:

"Honey, we are going to have to postpone the wedding. With a new AWB coming I have decided to invest everything in AR parts and mags..."
LOL

For home defense, the first two things I would get are a light and a spare mag loaded with Hornady TAP. Rifle looks good to go!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
LOL

For home defense, the first two things I would get are a light and a spare mag loaded with 75gr. Hornady TAP. Rifle looks good to go!
Fixed it.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
HA!

my girlfriend isnt happy with me because i have been spending my saving's on AR part's....lots of mag's, ammo, and a few ammo can's are next. :lol:

she will get over it...she always does.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. :) In a major economic or social collapse, money won't be worth squat, but your weapons and ammo will be worth more than gold to you and the future Mrs. Luckily, Mrs. Ghillie not only supports my habit....er, hobby, but she actually encourages it. She likes to shoot as well, and I wouldn't want to be on the front side of her sights. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
559 Posts
A true free float quad rail, a Sig stoplite, an M203 .40mm grenade launcher......and after you're doing getting all that for me, duplicate for yourself :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
To the Guys whose girlfriends/wives are giving them grief over spending $$ on hobbies, etc. This is real simple...I broke my girlfriend in on this whole mess not long after we started dating. She understood that firearms ownership was important to me, that it was and is an addictive and expensive habit much worse than any drug addition, and that I was going to spend money on the firearms/gear I wanted. After dating for a few years, we got engaged and about two months before our wedding...I bought a $2000 Les Baer 1911, mags, etc. She got more than a little upset at which time I reminded her that: 1) it wasn't her money; 2) it wasn't her decision; and 3) she had no room to b!tch about it. I also told her that she could be happy with me in the fact I got one of the single finest 1911's on the market at that time, or she could turn a blind eye and not continue to b!tch about it as if it never happened, or...in the future...I could just lie to her about any future firearms purchases, hide everything from her and act as if I never bought another new gun or piece of gear "as long as we both shall live", reminding her that honesty and trust are two of the foundations of any good marriage. That prettymuch fixed any and all future b!tching about firearms/gear purchases and we are coming up on five happy years of marriage. She may still get a little torqued when I drop several hundred (or thousand) dollars on something new...but I never hear or sense a word from her which is also the foundation of any good marriage!!! :D

For your own good...nip this in the bud sooner rather than later!! ;)

BTW...good lookin' AR, sir!!!

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
All I get from my fiance is "when are we going shooting"! And if she doesn't feel like going then I go by myself. She is saving up for an AR right now! If you do not get them involved early in your relationship you are in for a battle.

·
Registered
760 Posts
My wife and I have an understanding: if the bills are paid, we don't hassle each other on what we do with our spending money.

Plus, I taught her how to shoot and kept her involved. Here she is with her own AR.:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bought the same rifle about a month ago! I bought some iron sights for it but no scope yet.

I need to stock up on about 10 mags for it and some other goodies!

Sheeeesh! Democruds are coming. Can I vote 72 times for McCain like a Democrud or Ghetto Rat?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wait until you start reloading. Not only are you spending money you also need time to yourself to concentrate on producing ammo. Nice rifle BTW. Enjoy and have fun.

·
Registered
289 Posts
To the Guys whose girlfriends/wives are giving them grief over spending $$ on hobbies, etc. This is real simple...I broke my girlfriend in on this whole mess not long after we started dating. She understood that firearms ownership was important to me, that it was and is an addictive and expensive habit much worse than any drug addition, and that I was going to spend money on the firearms/gear I wanted. After dating for a few years, we got engaged and about two months before our wedding...I bought a $2000 Les Baer 1911, mags, etc. She got more than a little upset at which time I reminded her that: 1) it wasn't her money; 2) it wasn't her decision; and 3) she had no room to b!tch about it. I also told her that she could be happy with me in the fact I got one of the single finest 1911's on the market at that time, or she could turn a blind eye and not continue to b!tch about it as if it never happened, or...in the future...I could just lie to her about any future firearms purchases, hide everything from her and act as if I never bought another new gun or piece of gear "as long as we both shall live", reminding her that honesty and trust are two of the foundations of any good marriage. That prettymuch fixed any and all future b!tching about firearms/gear purchases and we are coming up on five happy years of marriage. She may still get a little torqued when I drop several hundred (or thousand) dollars on something new...but I never hear or sense a word from her which is also the foundation of any good marriage!!! :D

For your own good...nip this in the bud sooner rather than later!! ;)

+1. I had nearly this same talk with my soon to be wife. We are going on 20+ years and after many guns and toys, we're still together. I'm building my first AR right now. (Pics to follow very soon :D)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hm, stopped getting e-mail alerts on this thread.

Anyways, I finally figured out exactly what model CMMG I have...since it's not advertised in their catalog OR website. It's what they call the "M4LE"...a 16" carbine with WASP coating inside and out, instead of chrome-lining...some sort of new process that is apparently better. This model is a special edition type of deal that they did for RSR Group for distribution and is not sold from CMMG directly for whatever reasons. No answer yet on if they plan on producing WASP barrel assemblies for direct sale, or why they don't MP test the M4LE. *But* it still carries the lifetime warranty which helps to put my worries at ease.

It's 1/9 so that's a negative on the 72gr. Maybe I could find someone wanting rid of their 16" mid 1/7 barrel assembly, that wants a 16" carbine 1/9 wasp barrel assembly. That'd be nice. :cool:

Purchases so far...2 pmags, magpul enhanced trigger guard, broken shell extractor, that tasco bkrd30 sight, some lake city 55gr, a set of 2 BCM extractor upgrade kits. Next purchase is a YHM L.W. carbine free-float with end cap for $102shipped from one of arfcom's industry partners. I was wanting to go mid- or spectre-length, but I'm on the fence about switching out the FSB for the yhm micro block.

If I can scrape together the funds...as of late august I am able to purchase a supressor in missouri as long as I carry *any*ffl and do the paperwork+print cards+$200 tax stamp crap. My c&r has paid off big time. ;)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
It's 1/9 so that's a negative on the 72gr. Maybe I could find someone wanting rid of their 16" mid 1/7 barrel assembly, that wants a 16" carbine 1/9 wasp barrel assembly. That'd be nice.
It's not necessarily a negative on the 75gr. TAP. It might work, it might not. You just need to try it out. If it does, then you can shoot the best 5.56 home defense round out there. If it doesn't, then you can shoot the Black Hills 68gr. BTHPw/cannelure, which is also good for home defense.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts