Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked this up yesterday. It looks practically brand new. The guy said it is about 15 years old and only has maybe 400 rounds through it.

Although I'm not sure about the Pre-Ban part. The stock mag is a 10 rounder. And it has 2 extra 15 rounders.

For the price. It looks like a pretty damn good CZ 75 clone. Feels great in the hand and trigger is really nice and crisp.

The fit and finish is pretty good also.

I read some reviews and some feel like it's one of the best budget pistols on the market.

If it shoots anything like the CZ or Jericho, or Hi-Power. I'll be a happy camper!

Pics!

Reactions: GojuBrian

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I don't currently own one. BUT.... whenever I browse Bud's, Armslist, Gunbroker, whatever, EAA is always one of my searches.
The ones I had were all compact, all steel models, great shooters, and H-E-A-V-Y. Loved em.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Looks just like my Witness Match Elite except not stainless and different sights, which is an excellent gun. Good guns.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup it's 9mm. And it is a heavy gun! I like all steel guns for plinking and bedside home defense. The last CZ clone I shot was a Jericho and it was pretty bad ass. Hardly any felt recoil at all. Very controllable rapid fire. So much less flippy than my XD pistols or Glocks I've owned. Which I don't own anymore. The bore axis seems really nice and low in the hand. I'm going to try and run some rounds through her today. And verify my Federal HST 147 gr carry rounds will feed.

I'll see how I like these sights. That may end up being one of the first mods I do if it's necessary.

I've heard that the Witness Match Elite is a lot of gun for the money too. And one of the best values on the market.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
On my stainless (real SS gun from before the silver coating they currently use) the front sight was milled out of the slide...all one solid piece. That was really my only complaint about that particular piece. To have it ground down and a dovetail milled in would have cost about half again the cost of the gun itself. The newer versions (mine was from the early 90s) may be different...I haven't handled one in a while.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Anybody know what sight options are out there for them?

I do want an Elite Match at some point too.
The Elite Match has combat style adjustables in the rear and a crappy small post front sight that you can replace with a Dawson fiber optic for around 30 bucks. Easy to swap. I've been giving my Elite Match the stink eye lately because I'm just not shooting it enough regardless of how good a gun it is. Let me know if you're interested in a 45 I may be able willing to part with mine.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
All steel Pre-Ban EAA Witness

The guy said it is about 15 years old
Preban would be a little more than 20 years old.

Minimum.

Sept 12,1994

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Preban would be a little more than 20 years old.

Minimum.

Sept 12,1994
Exactly. And the fact the stock mag is a 10 rounder. That would place it ban era as well. Not pre.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The Elite Match has combat style adjustables in the rear and a crappy small post front sight that you can replace with a Dawson fiber optic for around 30 bucks. Easy to swap. I've been giving my Elite Match the stink eye lately because I'm just not shooting it enough regardless of how good a gun it is. Let me know if you're interested in a 45 I may be able willing to part with mine.
It's a ways down on the gotta have list. Staked post like a 1911?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
It's a ways down on the gotta have list. Staked post like a 1911?
Nah, slides in the front and held in place by a nut. Just take the nut out from the top and whack it with a mallet. Dawson sells a cool fiber optic for cheap that works great.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got some range time!

This thing is a tac driver! And almost no recoil at all. It ate up my HST carry rounds flawlessly. 120 rounds today. Most if which went in the same holes.

This is the best budget gun I have ever shot.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Great shooting! Yup, I love these CZ clones. My first time out with my Jericho produced a similar group, even though I had about 3 obvious fliers that still landed close to the main group (left target):

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks!

I was very pleasantly surprised. Even the Range Master stopped to watch me shoot and gave me props.

Not too shabby considering I have not shot in months!

This is 3 yards.

Here's 7 yards.

I even bought a CZ SP-01 mag for it and it ran perfectly.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great shooting! Yup, I love these CZ clones. My first time out with my Jericho produced a similar group, even though I had about 3 obvious fliers that still landed close to the main group (left target):

Here's my only real flyer today. And it was do to trying the DA trigger pull.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Not sure if one of those fliers is a DA pull from my pistol, but I know I had a DA shot in there somewhere. Regardless, these things can shoot, huh?!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not sure if one of those fliers is a DA pull from my pistol, but I know I had a DA shot in there somewhere. Regardless, these things can shoot, huh?!
Yea! I'm curious about the Elite Match now!

And I want to shoot a real SP-01 to compare!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts