Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, this is my first post here, so hello to all and Merry Christmas.

On to the question, has anyone ever heard of or seen a completely stainless XD? This sounds like it would be pretty sweet if it exists.

·
Registered
289 Posts
welcome from Alaska

·
Registered
143 Posts
Never heard of one, maybe the frame can be nickel-chrome plated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done some research, and all I can find is some Glock race frames that are pretty expensive. And to be honest, I would rather just have a SA.

Also, the frame is polymer.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The frame is polymer so an all stainless XD is, I believe, impossible!!! BTW Welcome to the forum!!!

Never heard of one, maybe the frame can be nickel-chrome plated.
Can you do that to polymer???

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glocks are polymer too, but you can get aluminum and stainless frames for them. I'm hoping someone offers the same for an XD.

And I don't think you can plate polymer. In fact, i'm sure you cant. BUT i've been wrong before. I hope I am here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Glocks are polymer too, but you can get aluminum and stainless frames for them. I'm hoping someone offers the same for an XD.

And I don't think you can plate polymer. In fact, i'm sure you cant. BUT i've been wrong before. I hope I am here.
You could probably sputter coat the polymer, but not the same as metal on metal electro-plating. Even if you did it, it would be cosmetic change only. If you're gonna get a steel framed one, might as well get a Para Ordinance double stack .45....

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Nobody besides Croatian IM Metal makes frames for the XD and they only make polymer frames.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PEI:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well my dreams have been shattered haha. Maybe someday someone will catch on to my genius. :lol:

I guess as much as I just don't want to, i'll have to consider going with a Glock on this idea of mine.

Thanks for all the hospitality guys! I appreciate it! Reminds me of Texas. lol

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you want an all metal gun, buy one designed as such - there are plenty to choose from (SA make some nice ones ;))

Taking something that was designed to be made from polymer and making it out of metal is, in my opinion, sub-optimal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts