Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched around the forums and havn't found a good picture thread where everyone can post up some hunting pictures. If you have pictures of animals that have been killed GREAT! lets just try not to put something up here to grusome (sp?) I will start it off with a pic or two of last weekends squirl adventures!

the squirl laying with the trusty 410/22 over under :D

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Nothing yet this season, but have some from years past.

Pig Hunting in Australia:

My sons first buck and first black powder kill:

Ground hog I got rid of for a friend:

First kill with a crossbow:

Sons first deer:

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Here's a turkey I killed last spring in the New Mexico Gila.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Here is my son (13) with his '08 Mule Deer. He made a great shot--205 yards with his H&R single shot .308

Here is my '08 Muley. I took this on the same section of public land as my boy just four days later. I took one shot at 175 yards with my T/C Encore Pistol in .308.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts

285 lb barr hog taken a few months ago.

A couple smaller ones I took last spring, one with my model 66 in .357 and one with my AR!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice guys! i will have to get some more of mine up here... dont know if i have any on dig. camera or not tho.. most were taken on a reg. camera

btw... very nice animals! esp them 08 muleys

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Heres a big fox squirrel I got last year

A buddy and I on a beaverdamn while coyote hunting

My son trying to be cool while we were squirrel hunting

A small deer the grandson of the guy I hunt with, shot

Heres a doe I got 2 years ago

Another deer from that same year

And my big buck

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
real nice! do any good dog hunting?? how do you set up?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Season Starts tomorrow... Hopefully ill have some pics tomorrow night!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
real nice! do any good dog hunting?? how do you set up?
Last year I only called in one yote but called in 3 foxes. We normaly play the wind to our favor and try to stay back to back or play the corners of a field. Its time to start hunting them heavy again, I just need to find the time. We use mouth calls, electronic calls and decoys on occasion.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where hunt them.. ther are ALOT.. but we seem to never be able to get them to actually come in to get a shot... we must be doing something wrong...... past weekend an entire pack was going crazy on my paps farm... didnt see a single one when we tried calling... laying prone under a camper on the edge of a field??

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
where hunt them.. ther are ALOT.. but we seem to never be able to get them to actually come in to get a shot... we must be doing something wrong...... past weekend an entire pack was going crazy on my paps farm... didnt see a single one when we tried calling... laying prone under a camper on the edge of a field??
Where in Ohio are you? Id love to bring some calls and we can give it a shot. I have some custom calls that sound great.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ever heard of st.clairsville... or barnsville?? in that area is where i go when i get the chance... right now going having class everyday living in pitts for college kind of hurts my ability to get out...

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Nice Ichy!

Here is a doe I got this year on opening day. I am going back tomorrow for the buck.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Nice Ichy!

Here is a doe I got this year on opening day. I am going back tomorrow for the buck.

Nice doe and good luck to you. I have not had the time to get out yet, oh well, rut is coming :mrgreen:

·
Registered
245 Posts
man i'm jealous of you midwest/east costers. over the counter deer tags for everything. Gotta get drawn here for almost anything, except archery deer is specific units. oh well.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My brothers deer

And my monster

Yea...he's on the wall

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Nice doe and good luck to you. I have not had the time to get out yet, oh well, rut is coming :mrgreen:
I went to a new (to me) place this evening, saw nothing but a bunch of squirrels. It will be a good place for gun season as it is across from public land. I still have to check some of my regular haunts before the rut.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts