Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale--an all black elephant Concealed Caddy® For use in carrying in your vehicle. See the video and more information on my website www.concealedcaddy.com

This is my larger size (model 200) and it will hold most guns, including a full size 5 inch 1911. Other guns like a 4 inch S&W .357, all the Taurus Judges, and similar size guns will fit.

Elephant is very tough stuff and will last a lifetime. $225 plus $7 for shipping. Pm me if interested or have questions. My phone number is on the website as well.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I gotta say, I love a lot of the stuff you post I really like. This one however I don't quite get. I mean I understand the concept, but a similar item could be made out of pretty much anything for 200 dollars less. You could even get a cheap nylon range gun holder and just leave it unzipped, or spend 5 dollars on some snaps. Definitely, not trying to knock you. I've loved quite a few of your products, but this one I'm not so sure about.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has to be a typo...the website has them listed for significantly less. Unless this one comes with the pistol!!!
This one is made in an all exotic black elephant, thus the reason for the high cost. Exotic skins are expensive. Check out the price of most custom holsters made in an all (everywhere, front and back) exotic skin and you will see some of the cost, and several at even a higher cost than this. Yes, regular leather ones are shown at regular prices on the website and are much less expensive. But some like the exotic stuff, some don't, and that is why I offer both.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gotta say, I love a lot of the stuff you post I really like. This one however I don't quite get. I mean I understand the concept, but a similar item could be made out of pretty much anything for 200 dollars less. You could even get a cheap nylon range gun holder and just leave it unzipped, or spend 5 dollars on some snaps. Definitely, not trying to knock you. I've loved quite a few of your products, but this one I'm not so sure about.
That is OK, some like it some don't. You don't even need to buy anything, just stick the gun in the same area and cover it with a hand towel, even cheaper! But that might not be a good idea if approached by a LEO. As mentioned, the regular leather ones that I make are in line with the cost of a holster, and even cheaper than many custom holster makers.

Customers that have bought them have given me positive feedback and say they work. One reason I made them is that those who pocket carry, have a more dificult time getting to a gun while seated in a vehicle. Especially in a front pocket holster. And it appears from talking to lots of customers that many people carry guns in their car. This is an option that that totally conceals and it extremely portable. Evens serves as a quality case to carry a gun in a range bag. They are built to last for a very long time, and can likely be passed on to someone else.

Your comment does kind of explain the thinking of many when buying holsters and stuff. I'm sure there are many people, probably most, that will never buy a custom leather holster for $60-$100. They will go on Ebay and buy cheap stuff for $10 bucks. They will never buy a $60+ dollar custom leather holster. That is also not the market I'm looking for. I make custom leather goods and use the very best leather and leather products I can find. Leather, dyes and other leather products, and thread are all made right here in the USA. Leather and dyes are made by companies that have been in business for 100+ years in the USA. Then I try to offer at a reasonable cost for custom work. When compared to other custom makers I'm not the highest nor the lowest. This model has worked for the past 8 years that I've been making holsters and other leather products.

Take care!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I gotta bust in here and give Doug some love. I have my own 'holster drawer' like everyone else around here but I literally CANNOT say enough good things about Doug's product. I carry my 3.8 XDm in one of Doug's custom IWB Leather holsters and I just bought another for my XDs (it's in the mail). I also own one of Doug's non-standard leather Concealed Caddy's (not quite as exotic as elephant though, mine is Bison). I use the thing 5 days a week at a minimum. My weapon sits between my passenger seat and console and it looks amazing. It's damn beautiful and I absolutely love it. I wouldn't sell it for even triple what I paid now that's it's broken in and fits my weapon like a glove. I always love that smell when I open my car door. Granted, it's not a necessity, but it's a luxury item I absolutely adore.

The model Doug is selling in this thread is unique and it's the largest model he sells. I distinctly remember maybe a year or two ago he had a similar piece (elephant caddy but it wasn't black) that sold for about the same price. It's made in the USA, hand crafted by an artist and it's gorgeous. What's not to love?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts