Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I ordered an alien gear package got a cloak 2.0 and owb to try out after an employee of a lgs highly recommended them.. Got a shell for my xds, xdm, and mod2.... Fit on xdm and xds is awesome.. Mod2 is super sloppy just a heads up if anyone was thinking about that route maybe I got a bad shell? Anybody else have one?

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Usually Alien Gear is on the money with their stuff.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Call their customer service and tell them the issue you are have with the holster; they will advise you on the issue and what to do.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Email over a phone call. An email can be overlooked. A phone call seldom can be. Best of luck with the outcome.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Sounds like the grip zone has to have its own zone in the holster. Maybe Springfield needs to make a holster for that gun. The big difference would be inside of the holster the words gun zone would be stamped on it so owners knew exactly how to holster that gun rather than just putting it in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aliengear said it's possible the shell I received wasn't formed properly and sending me a new shell

·
Registered
954 Posts
Or maybe they accidentally sent you a shell from some other handgun - they do seem to be shipping a rather high volume of product so the possibility that one or an entire box of shells got mixed up or mislabeled is not too far fetched.

Years ago I ordered a set of front calipers for a car and when they arrived one was correct and the other was not even for the same brand of car or even from the same country. Sent it back and reordered - got the same wrong one again - had to ordered a third one to get it right. Not sure where the mix up was int hat case - maybe a transposed part number of something but even a blind man could have told you the tow parts were not left and right versions of the same thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys I ordered an alien gear package got a cloak 2.0 and owb to try out after an employee of a lgs highly recommended them.. Got a shell for my xds, xdm, and mod2.... Fit on xdm and xds is awesome.. Mod2 is super sloppy just a heads up if anyone was thinking about that route maybe I got a bad shell? Anybody else have one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered one as well, I'm hoping that it was a mistake on their part.... I carry an xds currently in an Mtac Minataur, which is very comfortable, but they aren't releasing any shells for the mod 2 anytime soon... So I figured I would try the AlienGear.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I believe their holsters can be adjusted for firmness or how tight you like your draw to be and they provide the hex key to adjust it with. Or are you referring to the molding of the kydex shell? Either way you have a triple guarantee for the holster, they'll make it right, just call them.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Nothing a little heat gun wont fix. ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have had 3 XDsc holsters for my Mod2 & they all fit perfectly. I have the leather one for sale on this forum now as I liked the kydex better. The leather was a nice holster, but needs a little more breaking in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts