Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering some parts to ease the BRD I contracted a few weeks ago and while searching Google I ran across Alamo Tactical. They have the best price I could find on the parts I'm ordering but wanted to see if anyone here has ordered from them in the past, and if so what did you think of them?

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I just ran across them for the first time yesterday as I was looking for a Mesa Tactical stock for my shotty.

Subscribing for info.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went ahead and ordered the Magpul UBR for my AR-10 from Alamo so I'll find out soon enough. If I have any troubles with them I'll be certain to post that information for others, or if they have exceptional service I'll post that too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have not purchased from them yet but I spoke to the owner on the phone on Monday and he seemed like a really nice knowledgeable guy.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet. It just says "ordered" but not shipped. I've been meaning to call him and will do so tomorrow to see what is going on.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have called this place 10 times today, both on the customer service number, their toll free number and the non-toll free number. Nobody will answer the phone there and on their site the 'Contact Us' link gives me the '404 Not Found' message. Needless to say I'm quite displeased with this as I ordered the UBR on 10-22-08, hasn't been shipped and now cannot contact them at all.

Next step is calling the bank, stopping any kind of payment and then ordering the Magpul UBR from whomever I can find that actually has it in stock.

In short, stay away from Alamo Tactical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too ordered from Alamo Tactical last week. After at least a hundred unanswered phone calls over 5 days, and a couple of email inquiries, I called Mesa Tactical to see if they had any info on their dealer. I received a reply from Dan at Mesa saying they were not happy with the way Alamo was doing business. They are removing Alamo from ther dealer base. That is all I needed to hear. I emailed Alamo and cancelled my order. They had not charged my card yet, but there was a hold on the funds.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This sucks Hyde. They still won't answer the phone and they have no answering machine/voicemail and they don't respond to emails.

I did find a place that had a Magpul UBR in stock so I ordered from there and it should be here by Tuesday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wonder what is going on over there. 2 weeks a go they had a message on the phones that said they were in the process of moving into there retail location (were in a living room before) and now they have disapearred. For the time being I too have cancelled my outstanding order. I hope this is just a mix up with the move. They are the only local shop of this type in the San Antonio area.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still cannot make any contact with these guys. I'm going to keep trying because they have my debit card info. The website looks like they put a lot of effort into it to make a professional looking site. It just doesn't make sense to have them completely disappear.

Hyde, have you been able to contact them yet? You have only made one post on this forum and it was in this thread. I'm assuming you are a 'lurker' just reading the site. Don't be shy and do some posting :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went by there today and they are a real store. I talked to the owner and he said since the move his outgoing email will not work. He just got up one phone line. They are obviously still setting up shop as there is stuff everywhere. I don't know if it will work but maybe try emailing him your phone # and ask him to call you. Anyway no promises on my part just letting you know theydo exist.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you happen to get a working phone number for them? None of the 3 phone numbers listed on the website get an answer. They just ring and ring and ring all day.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did not get any additional phone numbers. I just assumed they are he same. Like I said maybe if you email. Your own number to them and request that they call you. This whole thing is annoying but the owner seems like a nice enough guy.

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
I had a chance to swing by there and it looks like they are just now getting things settled, there is little bit of merchandise that is waiting for display shelves but the guy running the store was very helpful and was explaining to someone on the phone about their fax line going next door and the same with their phone. I did overhear him saying that they had a surge of orders that overwhelmed them a bit, looks like they are just having a hard time and really bad luck trying to settle into their new place... they seemed nice enough so hopefully they will get it all straightened out soon. I'm glad they are in San Antonio now at least I will have a place to pick up stuff that you can't find at Academy or anywhere locally unless you're willing to wait 7+ days for an online order.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you happen to get a working phone number for them? None of the 3 phone numbers listed on the website get an answer. They just ring and ring and ring all day.
I just tried both their numbers listed on their site and they both at least went to an answering machine this time.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well from the latest replies it appears they have had difficulty in moving into a store front. I'll try calling them again this week and see if we can work something out. Then again, just because I already have a Magpul UBR doesn't mean I shouldn't have a backup........ right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems my post is a little late. I had checked back in a few times but didn't notice that this thread went to a second page. I have not heard from them. I sent an email telling them to cancel the order, my credit card company said if the charge comes through I can just dispute it. Too bad about their troubles. I guess I am sort of glad that they are just having "technical difficulties", the last thing we need now is another gun related business to fold up. In the mean time, I found Botach Tactical and will be making my order with them. I called them the other day to confirm they are in business, and they answered. I'll get my tactical shotgun outfitted one way or another.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts