Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was shooting my AK on the weekend and I never sighted it. At 50 yards it was shooting about 3-4 inches high and 3 inches to the left. Thinking about purchasing a sight tool to zero this in. I read an article about sighting it in however it didnt tell me how much adjustment = how many inches at 25/50 yards. What is a good ballpark figure to use for elevation and windage adjustments?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
no clue on what adjustments are the front sight has alot of play in it and its pretty crude to say the least.

just realize the front sight adjust's elevation and windage. along with the rear sight adjusting elevation and or windage depending on if you have an RPK/RPK sight on your rifle.

i would start at 25 move to 50 then move to 100 then out to 200 if you feel so inclined to.

oh and good luck! lol

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50 yard is the closest rifle distance they allow at my range. Good thing AK ammo is cheap, zeroing it might be an adventure :shock:

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Put the rear sight on the '1' mark, make sure that the top of the front post is level with the top of the rear sight. Shoot 3 shots at a time at 25m. This will give you a 'battle zero'...all shots will be with in a 16" circle from 25m to 1000m....if you do your part. Then fine tune it for further accuracy. No need to re zero at any other ranges, just raise the rear sight to the appropriate meter number. All the way back on the sight is the same as 250m.

Set the front post half way up and from left to right....this will get ya started. Purchase the front sight drift too. Up in the post make the bullet go down, down make the bullet go up. Left makes the bullet go right and right makes the bullet go left...really easy..should take about 9-12 shots. i guess Lancaster doesn't sight in the weapon after building..bummer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought and installed one of these on my AK:
AK47 and SKS at Mojo Sighting Systems

it lets you fine tune elevation and windage. downside is you lose the ability to sight in at 100m then use the slider to shoot other ranges.

but you get a peep site on your ak. my groups and sight acquisition time all changed for the better after putting mine on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts