Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gun-dealer friend that posted the reply below when I emailed him about the availibilty of any AKs. I know the promags are considered trash...but overall, does the price sound right? I know virtually nothing about AKs so that's why I ask. The gun-dealer is completely reputable.

EMAIL REPLY: I have a custom build AK-47 that was built locally by an Army Ranger friend of mine. I had my AK expert look it over and felt it was a good build on a good receiver. The guy is asking $550 w/4 promags. The price is reasonable considering the garbage they're selling for about the same with a lesser receiver. It also has a tapco trigger & 4 rail hand guard. So it is very well built. I'm bringing it to the gun show this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Hard to tell without knowing what type of AK it is. (Country ect...)
Indeed promags are trash.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
if its a WASR 10/63, make sure it has a g2 trigger, or you get trigger slap - ouch.

that's my only complaint about the wasr.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well, I'll trust you guys and get a saiga then! I assume it's more accurate and better put together. I also am buying a century yugo so how hard is it to get them to take the same mags? PS what's the best type of AK mag to buy and where do I find them?

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
As far as I know none of the sponsors sell the conversions for saigas, that being said If they did I'd say use them.

Dinzag Arms, the guy makes the ramps for saigas

30-40 bucks dependingn on if you buy a round or square one (little bar the mag locks into) Devin Campbell [email protected] 810-358-0881 If thats wrong, [email protected] they are related one or the other does it.

Oh, the 30-40 buck kit comes with all the tools you need to make it work.

Personally I also like the sporterized stock, its more comfortable for me. Flipside is some places you can buy a saiga that is already converted to pistol grip, AK mags and rails for around 580 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts