Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AK-47 Tactical Magazine Release [375 AK-47 ExtendMagRelease] : BlackJack Buffers LLC

Was wondering if anybody has ever used one of these, and what peoples opinions of them are.
I have tried to use the forum search function to check for other threads on this, but I have never had any luck using the search on this forum:confused:.
I never get any relevant search results....could be i'm doing something wrong?

I hope to be able to purchase and convert a Saiga, and if this mag release is a good product I would like to make sure I don't make it harder on myself to install it someday by attaching the trigger guard in a manner that doesn't lend itself well to this mod.
Thanks......

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
AK-47 Tactical Magazine Release [375 AK-47 ExtendMagRelease] : BlackJack Buffers LLC

Was wondering if anybody has ever used one of these, and what peoples opinions of them are.
I have tried to use the forum search function to check for other threads on this, but I have never had any luck using the search on this forum:confused:.
I never get any relevant search results....could be i'm doing something wrong?
Forum software is designed for communication, search is a secondary function.
Go to google and use "Search term here site:xdtalk.com" for better results.
I hope to be able to purchase and convert a Saiga, and if this mag release is a good product I would like to make sure I don't make it harder on myself to install it someday by attaching the trigger guard in a manner that doesn't lend itself well to this mod.
Thanks......
The trigger guard has nothing to do with this extended mag release. It should work fine on any Saiga but the 12ga. The 12ga Saiga has a different layout on the bottom than the others, which use the standard Kalashnikov magazine catch design.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tips....never thought to use google search for that, but now that i think of it forum threads always pop up when i google stuff,
also I was looking at the mag release extention as more than it really is...seeing pics of it on multiple rifles, it makes sence now..

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
The trigger guard has nothing to do with this extended mag release. It should work fine on any Saiga but the 12ga. The 12ga Saiga has a different layout on the bottom than the others, which use the standard Kalashnikov magazine catch design.

He was asking for opinions, not to be slammed. Opinions always don't come across in a google search.
Plus you never even answered his original question. Courtesy goes along way.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
He was asking for opinions, not to be slammed. Opinions always don't come across in a google search.
Plus you never even answered his original question. Courtesy goes along way.
I'm not sure where you're seeing a "slam".

I answered his secondary questions. He obviously wants to help himself, but found himself limited by the craptastic forum search function. Is helping a user help himself a crime?

Why are you littering this thread and not answering his question? I am starting to see why he'd want to use the search instead of asking.

Just to please you, Mr. Majk: adam_lakesuperior, these extended mag releases work great, and don't get in the way. I have installed a couple and helped other folks install them.

I've heard nothing negative about their functionality.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
T
First one is very condescending to an adult. You state the forum is designed for communication. First I don't think that part escapes him, hence he's here on the forum asking a question. Secondly that's exactly what he's doing is communicating a desire to solicit feedback on a certain part.

Go to google was your second response, if he wanted to go to google then he wouldn't have asked the question. How do you know he didn't try that first? (I know he answered already.) But you didn't know that.

Better results would have just been a straight, kind answer in the spirit of brotherly firearm kindness. :D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I think there's a misunderstanding here . . . .

"Go to google" wasn't the hot tip.

The hot top was to include "site:xdtalk.com" at the end of the Google search . . . and that IS very valuable. I've been using this recently for all of the forums that I frequent, since they all have such crappy search capabilities.

Basically, this lets you use Google search but you can tell Google to only search a particular site.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Very well could have been on my part. If it was I will apologize. But it could have been worded better.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't see the real benefit to using the mod anyway. I think that the basic AK platform is good enough without being messed with. But I understand the desire some people have to tweak there weapons. I have done my fair share of playing with gadgets on my weapons. Most of the time the mods haven't been much more than "eye catching" with very little if any usefull function.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
To fully explain my earlier statement:

Forum software developers are working to provide a functional discussion forum environment. They get paid to do this.

They are not paid to provide more than a rudimentary forum search engine. This is why the search feature on most forums is very simple and doesn't work well.

Google has the ability (as pointed out above) to only return results from a specific site, thereby turning Google into a super powered search engine for whatever site you choose to aim it at.

I am a developer for Ubuntu and provide user support. Telling folks to JFGI is not something I do (and I didn't here).

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
To fully explain my earlier statement:

Forum software developers are working to provide a functional discussion forum environment. They get paid to do this.

They are not paid to provide more than a rudimentary forum search engine. This is why the search feature on most forums is very simple and doesn't work well.

Google has the ability (as pointed out above) to only return results from a specific site, thereby turning Google into a super powered search engine for whatever site you choose to aim it at.

I am a developer for Ubuntu and provide user support. Telling folks to JFGI is not something I do (and I didn't here).

Wow an Ubuntu developer. The impressiveness is lost on me. I care more about civility towards each other. I was a network tech for a cable company does that impress you? Does that explain my earlier post?

Just be nice to people. Telling them to search craps on their thread. Who cares about the search function ability of the forum software?? That's not what he asked about.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Wow an Ubuntu developer. The impressiveness is lost on me. I care more about civility towards each other. I was a network tech for a cable company does that impress you? Does that explain my earlier post?

Just be nice to people. Telling them to search craps on their thread. Who cares about the search function ability of the forum software?? That's not what he asked about.
No? Then why did he include his frustration with his prior attempts at a search in his post?

I did not tell him to search - he already had searched, with disappointing results. I instructed him (and anyone else reading this) how to search XDTalk (or any other website) more effectively.

You have brought more crap to this thread than I have, as all you've done is kvetch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't mean to cause a rucus....thanks for looking out Majk, but respectfully I found nalioth's post to be helpful and wasn't the least bit offended.
I often look to posts by nalioth and einheit because they seem to have alot of knowledge on the ak platform (and apparently how to navagate the net), and if they both agree about the functionality of a mod or part then it gives me alot of confidence that it might be something I would find worthwhile. It doesn't really bother me if post's are short or abrupt, although I did find this helpful as well:
""Just to please you, Mr. Majk: adam_lakesuperior, these extended mag releases work great, and don't get in the way. I have installed a couple and helped other folks install them.""
Thanks for the knowledge guys

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Yeah, this looks like a big misunderstanding. The google search functionality is something I have been promoting in my signature for a while and it was appropriate for it to be raised here since the OP had mentioned poor board search functionality.

Sorry, I have no valuable mag release info- just doing my 'blessed are the peace makers' thing...

Phil

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Yeah, this looks like a big misunderstanding. The google search functionality is something I have been promoting in my signature for a while and it was appropriate for it to be raised here since the OP had mentioned poor board search functionality.

Sorry, I have no valuable mag release info- just doing my 'blessed are the peace makers' thing...

Phil

Every things cool. I just think sometimes on the forum there is room for even more civility especially when it's not on a pitbull or religion thread. :)

Maybe getting closer to Christmas I felt that kindness could be ramped up even more.

It's all good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, now that the thread has been effectively hijacked...LOL. I want to think those who posted the google trick. I never knew about it until this thread. ;)
Thanks! It works wonders!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts