Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm a little ticked off because I had a failure at the range on Saturday. I was sighting in my .308 for deer season and finished up my box of ammo, so I decided to take the AK for a spin. Well.. 28 rounds later, click, bang, eject... next round stuck.. :shock: cycled bolt, and trigger was locked up, no bang, no worky... Ughhh!!! Cleared it, removed the cover and saw my disconnector and the spring laying down sideways right in front of the pistol grip nut... wtf???!!! The disconnector split into two pieces at the hole where the pin goes through it. NOT HAPPY!!! I just shrugged it off and decided to get a new trigger group, luckily I had a spare disconnector and fixed it for Sunday's trip to the range but I'll be ordering parts soon.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Not an AK..... They are more reliable than an AR......:rolleyes:

At least you fixed it quick. :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
bwhahahaha!! An AK had a problem no way!! I thought all you guys said they were perfect!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
bwhahahaha!! An AK had a problem no way!! I thought all you guys said they were perfect!
You can thank the US 922r law for it.

Having to use US made MIM FCG parts throws a pair of dice into the equation.

Using the original FCG, you won't ever have a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

Right.....

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts

Exactly, thats why I NEVER throw away the triggers, hammers and disconnectors from my kits....

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Dang the first two documented failures of an AK ... EVER, and they are in the same thread :lol:

Cheap replacement stuff ... I agree!!

yeahYeah ... You're probably Limp-Arming that rifle :p

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Dang the first two documented failures of an AK ... EVER, and they are in the same thread :lol:

Cheap replacement stuff ... I agree!!

yeahYeah ... You're probably Limp-Arming that rifle :p
hell no...i was using some ghetto ammo. the spent casing would not come out of the barrel.

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the piece that broke....

I blame the manf., only because that thing is super thin in one spot and the same part in my tapco trigger group is about three times thicker in that same spot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's the piece that broke....

I blame the manf., only because that thing is super thin in one spot and the same part in my tapco trigger group is about three times thicker in that same spot.
Luckily , It broke while you were shooting at shooting range, if not.........whose name were you calling first?

·
Registered
131 Posts
USA AK parts are [email protected]

if you want durability , you have to use original Com Bloc parts, even Chinese parts are higher quality than US mfg

·
Premium Member
21,702 Posts

Reactions: DevJames
1 - 18 of 18 Posts