Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally managed to get one of my Rommy G SAR rifles built and all is going fairly well. I have a slight problem with the trigger sometimes sticking in the back position that can be cured with a little bit of filing of the receiver trigger cutout in the receiver.

However, I don't know if I have a problem with the action or not. When I ready the gun by pulling the bolt carrier to the rear, the mechanism can stick in the open position. I can slam it shut easily. Having never owned an AK - is it meant to do that? :confused:

What's happening is the underside of the bolt carrier is hanging on the top (face) of the cocked hammer and there is scoring on both of them. I can't imagine this is correct.

If it is a problem, then how do I fix it? I have a Tapco trigger group. The hammer is held under a non-adjustable retarder so I don't see how I can change the cocked hammer height.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
This has got to be the most asked question /most heard 'complaint' with a new Kalashnikov.

It is perfectly normal, and a byproduct of having a brand new fire control group.

Remember not to baby the bolt carrier (always bring it all the way back and let it fly forward), and the 'hanging' will disappear as you shoot it.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I had not seen that question and couldn't find much online despite searching a lot!

I'm much happier now!

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts