Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone ever use this? Does it work well?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Using dust cover optics mounts on a Kalashnikov is not the best method. The dust covers are flimsy and will not hold in place very well, and will need to be re-zeroed every time you remove it.

Physics dictates that given the same recoil, a heavier object will shift more than a lighter one (iron sights on a dust cover are fine - they don't weigh very much).

If you want an 'over the centerline' mount, you should look into a Beryl style rail:

Or an Ultimak rail (this is not good for scopes or other short eye relief optics, as it sets your optic forward over the gas tube):

There are also military grade options that mount your optics using the milspec mount found on many Kalashnikovs:

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts

Anyone ever use this? Does it work well?
I just used this yesterday for the first time on my Romy G. Mine did not come with a side scope mount setup or I would have gone that route. It works fairly well, I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Hard to see the irons through it but it can be done. Another, probably better option is the Ultimak scope mount that replaces the gas tube. It's roughly $90.00 as opposed to the $19.99 for the mount shown above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts