Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm new to AK's, I purchased a WASR this summer and Yugo.
I saw a thread where one of the posts stated parts may get difficult to get if a ban does go through.

Any idea on what parts may be useful to get? Both function perfectly but not sure what might break and what parts would be good to have backups of.

We have some awesome AK gurus here. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

M_A_J_K :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The best source of replacement parts is another Kalashnikov.

They don't wear out and you'll only need spares if you lose a piece while cleaning.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that might just be in the works in a few weeks.;)

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Although I'm all for having more than one gun, I don't know where all this talk about a ban on parts has came from other than imports parts bans on certain parts like barrels and things of imported kit guns which has been in place for several years now (and why the Century Cetme's are so hard to find in meaningful numbers).

I keep up with a lot of different bills and legislation, but I've yet to see any wording of a parts ban in any of them specifically.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it was more of the fact that if certain guns are banned, then the company's that are supplying parts will dwindle as no new models will being offered for sale. I think that might be the thought on it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well, since you ask.

As far as replacement parts go I plan on buying a drop-in Timney trigger for my Bushy, I already have a spare DPMS bolt, and I am getting a new firing pin.

Buy spare parts for my Romy G?:confused: :confused:I did not buy my AK so that I would need extra parts!:p

Buy Mags Mags Mags! Hi Cap mags will be part of the ban. Aimsuplus.com has lightly used Romanian mags, GOOD mags, for $8.95.

I can see a ban on the importation of ammo in some form....maybe..

Military Surplus, Specific calibers, (.50 for instance?) or some silly thing.:roll:

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
i would buy mags, i dont think there is any reason to expect you cant get a new barrel if you manage to rust the crap out of your yugo, or new springs would not be banned.

if you want a folding stock, high cap mags, bayonet, pistol grip. These were the main things banned.

it would be good to have spring kit for each gun, just dont clean both guns the same day and you cant loose the function of both guns with supremely bad luck.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
furniture, firing pins, gas valve if you have the M70B1 or AB2 (grenade launcher set up), trigger spring/trigger assembly, ammo...mags will always be around...

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
furniture, firing pins, gas valve if you have the M70B1 or AB2 (grenade launcher set up), trigger spring/trigger assembly, ammo...mags will always be around...

Now that's what I was looking for. I'm new to AK's and haven't had a chance to shoot mine much or pull it apart much but I'm learning. I'll need to look for a good place to pick those up. I have plenty of mags currently at 21 of them. ;)

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Keep in mind that there is nothing in an AK that a good machine shop cannot fabricate ... Looking at Einheit's list ... A few firing pins would top my list ... Stuff like that does require equipment that the average shop will not have.

Also, at the least, trigger springs, or as he suggested the whole trigger assembly !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts