Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received my gun back from hard chroming. I attempted to reassemble my gun and now the slide is stuck on the frame. Is there a way to get the slide off or do I have to take the gun to a gunsmith?

I couldn't get the trigger, mag release button or grip safety to function at all.

Any suggestions james.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
When you say it's "stuck on the frame", is it fully-assembled? Can you cycle the action, moving the slide forward and backward as it is supposed to move? Where is it "Sticking"

Just trying to get more info for a diagnosis.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Is the frame put together? If so you will have to release the sear. Recock the pistol by pulling it all the way to the rear, raise the release. Then let the slide forward push forward on the frame and pull the trigger.

Or do you mean the ift is so tight the slide wont move.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's fully assembled, but the trigger does not work. I can pull the slide to the rear and lock it, but it doesn't slide off.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Ohhhh time to bring back my fork sear release tool:)

is the trigger limp?
It sounds like yout trigger spring went through the slot on the trigger so thre is nothing to make it "springy"

it would be better if I could talk to you over the phone, so I could go down the list of questions.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If you can lock the slide back, I don't think pressing down the sear will help, but you can give it a try.

First, lock back the slide, and raise the slide release lever, and then allow the slide to return to the forward position. Now pull the trigger to decock the gun. Next, if you look at the back of the slide, there is a gap between the slide and the frame. On the Left side, the gap is wider. Slide a small jeweler's screwdriver in there and press down on the sear, while sliding the slide forward. IF the sear is what is causing your slide to lock up, this SHOULD release the slide. If not, you're gonna be calling Alabama soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts