Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a o.d tactical xd and was wondering how much to get it would cost for you guys to dura coat it with a different color or possibly a camo. Appreciate your input. For anyone else out there what color do you think would go good with the xd o.d. green frame?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just sent my brand new XD Sub 40 slide to James for the Dura Coat in matte black and the Ameriglo front site. I cannot wait to see it when he is done. I thought he has done some beautiful work looking at his site and trust my weapon in his hands.

I will definitely post pics of his work and comments when I get it back. Talking with James on the phone, you can tell he is one helluva guy! :D

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
As with any finish.....no matter what will show wear especially with a kydex. Leather helps slow it down but wear will always be there. Now there is another variable how much do you draw and re holster, if its a carry or duty gun I know my self it usually stays in the holster with the once a week oiling which is now no longer needed. My competition practice guns I can holster them maybe several hundred times during practice. Now even though I do a speed cure it really does help and I tell every one who has had it done try to baby the finish for two weeks the longer it has to cure the better, so the day you receive the pistol back don't throw it at rocks. All that said it will last longer than the stock finish that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
David_4 said:
How does this finish hold up with lots of draws from a Kydex holster?
I have been working on finding out an answer to this question.

AJames refinished my pistol.. and I have been working on a series of test... I did a 500 round marathon test that proved the coating very durable... (keep in mind that I made the pistol very difficult to work with because I sanded off the original blueing... dumb thing to do.. it's looking fantastic though.. I must say!

Right now, I am working on getting 500 pulls from a holster to see how the finish wears. I have a guaranteed 250 dry fire pulls from a FIST #1 kydex holster with no signs of wear so far. I have about 80 more pulls from a FOBUS paddle holster, and so far.. no signs of wear.. when I get another 170 pulls from the FOBUS and I will post some pictures.

Any holster is going to cause wear... my holsters should be particularaly brutal.. but so far so good... I just need more time.. I am trying to make sure each pull is from the hip, just as I would normally use it... I will make sure and get back on this as soon as I get time set aside to pull the weapon another 170 times...

Raymond

·
Registered
208 Posts
How much would it cost to have a basic black (matching original finish) Dura coat put on my Tacticals slide? Do I need to strip the slide apart before sending? Address to send it to? If you recieved in next Wenesday what is the round aboat Turnaround time?

Edit just checked the site that answered most questions. That is an awesome deal!! No disassembly and includes return shipping for 45. Sweet. I get my XD back from gander in a week, will prolly send it out then. I will try and remember to PM you first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our photo section is running a little behind on new photo's. The Tuff-Gun Mil-Park Green finish is fairly new for us...I just recently got the color mix to suit me. Just FYI: We use only Gunkote molly resins for the final finish and colors. I have a bunch of the new color curing right now. When it's finished and reassembled, I'll take some photo's and get them up on our web site. Thanks and keep yer powder dry, Mac.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Guys,

Out of respect for AJamesp51, please don't hijack the thread with other finish options. A direct questions was asked to James, regarding the services he provides.

Sorry for the moderation. Thanks for the understanding.

Scott

·
Registered
802 Posts
Mac's said:
Hello All.......We offer a couple of specials for XD type pistols:
The slide only for $37..Inc. dis/reassembly, Tuff-Gun finish and return shipping.
The complete pistol for $100. Inc. dis/reassembly, Tuff-Gun finish, details, mags. Shipping is extra.
Two week turn around, FFL, 25 years experience, written No-Rust Warranty, etc. Please vist our web site for more info and keep yer powder dry, Mac.
Mac's Shootin' Irons
www.shootiniron.com
Tuff-Gun Finishes. The Name Says It All.
[/url]

giggidty giggdity....all right..MISSED THIS ONE.

Takes alot of balls to advertise in someone eles forum..or lack of something else..

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
holy crap, i can't believe this guy posted to advertise his business, a competing business, on James part of the forum!!!! James pays for this little corner of teh internet. I don't know if he pays cash or not, but some how, he has payed for it, either 1st person, by soliciting donations, or donating his time and teh products he stocks to earn money for the forum.

SHAME ON YOU MAC!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts