Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my XD last night and I want to removed all parts from the frame and slide. I had problem with the Striker safety pin removal. The pin doesn't want to come out. I push the Striker safety down real hard but the pin is still stock and won't budge. I tried putting a little oil to make it slide out but still won't come out.

Then I tried to push the striker safety only half way but still won't move. Is there a secret to remove this the easy way?

Also, the ejector pin won't budge. I used a small screw driver but there's no small indent there that the screw driver will cling to. Do you use a small pliers or something?

TIA,
vega

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
have you removed the firing pin assembly from the gun. If i remember correctly, I had tried reassembling my slide in the wrong order, putting the firing pin assembly in the slide before I but firing pin safety in. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the pin all the way in (the opposite problem that your having.). Just an idea, don't know if it will have any bearing on your situation. Have you also checked out James's website to see if you are doing everything in the correct order? I am only asking just in case!
http://www.xd-hs2000.com/disassembly/slidedisassembly.html

Good luck bro!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The ejector pin make sure you are pushing it from right to left as if the pistol is pinted to you. Use a small set of pliers and push it out.

The firing pin safety reteiner pin should come out easy. There is a little notch at the end inside of the slide. Push the oval safety down all the way and just pull it out. If its hard to pull out then it soulds like there may be some rust in there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03RangerXLT - That's the link I followed, thanks for the heads-up.

Ajames - rust!?!? That's bad news. I need to do it again tonight. I'll use WD40 to loosen it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

vega

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update for those who replied. There was no rust in the pin, I need to give it a little tap using a small screw driver. It was a little hard while pushing the striker safety down at the same time. I don't have an "L" shaped pick so I can't remove the extractor. I tried putting back the pin minus the striker safety and it was loose on the first hole but there was something locking it up when it reach the second hole (extractor). In order for me to push all the way I need to give it a little tap too.

vega

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update for those who replied. There was no rust in the pin, I need to give it a little tap using a small screw driver. It was a little hard while pushing the striker safety down at the same time. I don't have an "L" shaped pick so I can't remove the extractor. I tried putting back the pin minus the striker safety and it was loose on the first hole but there was something locking it up when it reach the second hole (extractor). In order for me to push all the way I need to give it a little tap too.

vega

1 - 7 of 7 Posts