Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ajames,

Got a few Qs for ya:

1. I am interested in the meprolight sights for my HS2000. Are the corners on the front sight sharp like on the stock front sight blade? If so, have you ever rounded those of and then touched the finish up? If not, would you be willing to do that? What would be the added cost for that?

2. I also want to get the clear coat on my HS2000 3rd gen. I have just a few small places, specks really, where the finish has come off. You mentioned that the clear coat is good to use if your slide can be touched up. Do I gather that you will touch up the slide before applying the clear coat? Also, does the clear coat prevent further wear on the finish or just protect from rust?

TIA,

Michael W.

Houston, TX

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Michael W.

To do a melt job on the sights is no problem, but as you mentioned I would have to refinish the sights. I do touch up the slide with the clear coat, but If you were willing to get the slide done in a color like park or black I would do the sights for free (refinishing and melt job) or if I had another slide in at the same time I could also coat the sights at the same time. The problem is that I have to mix the color, its a two part process and once mixed you cant go back, So if I was mixing a batch any way adding the sights is no problem. But to mix the black just for the sights there would be a lot of waist, plus the setup/clean up time. The coats help with both wear and rust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lookin at the color options and would like something in the gray range. How gray is the "Colt Gray"? This picture looked fairly black but not black like the "matte black". What have you done with either the "Colt Gray" or the "Gray Wolf"? Have any pictures of these two finishes?

TIA

Michael

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I have yet to do the colt or grey wolf.....but this upcomming week I am doing a combat grey. In all honesty though its hard to tell the greys and blacks from the website becuase as you said they basically all look alike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ajames,

Think I have made up my mind.

Meps Green/Orange
"Colt Gray" on Slide

Will you be able to "Melt" the sights? I will pay you whatever needed for these 3 services!

TIA,

Michael

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks James,

How do I go about adding the 10 bucks so that I can pay via CC on your website? Or would it be easier for me to call you Monday before shipping my slide?

Thanks again for the great communication and service,

Michael

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
well since the the small parts cost 10.00 just buy a small parts refinishing and on check out there is a place for you to enter a message. Just remind me its for the melt job.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Consider it done....will be in the mail tomorrow by the evening time.

Thanks again,

Michael W.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
james,

Just finished placing order. Will be putting slide in mail by this evening.

I put a note about melting sights and COLT GRAY duracoat on slide and sights.

Thanks a bunch.

by the way, it is 12:10 central not 5 something am :lol:

I am not a night owl at all. :roll:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I ordered your colt grey and have your sights in a bin with your name on it to wait for the slide. And thanks for the order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again...if this is the first slide you have done in the Colt Gray, I would be honored if you took a pic and put it on your website after you are finished. I am a member of the TXDPSA here in Houston, TX and have told them all I sent the slide in and they are as excited as I am to get it back.

I insured the slide (box about the size of a VHS tape) for $250, I am assuming that is enough to cover it in case the Post Office pulls a "Hudene" (sp)

Would it be possible to let me know when you receive the box and maybe when you mail it back out? If it is not too much trouble.

Thanks agan.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
James,

Did the eagle land today? I hope so or tomorrow...if not I got a beef with the postal service. :twisted:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:lol: That was fast...i guess USPS is alright after all and you...well I dont think you could ask for better service than that!!!

Talk to you later

Michael

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any new news...I cant wait to see it. I know it will be great. Thanks for the updates as I know you are vert busy.

:)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Your color will be here Monday and you should have it by Wed. Ups for some reason is adding an extra day so it takes 4 days to get from WI to Al.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no problem there. take your time as I know that wil lead to your best work.

thanks for hte update.

michael

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I apologize but I am stuck using ups since it is hazardous materials and ups does not ship anything over the weekend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts