Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting the Speed Ring sights in either tommorrow or Monday from CDNN. I plan on shipping 'em with my slide & controls.

1)I'd like to Duracoat in Plum Brown. Just wondering if that's a specialty finish or is it "good to go" as an item to be ordered directly from the site?

2)I'm sure there's somewhere I can add the required funds via the Paypal order to cover the site installation; I just don't know how...transfer funds?

3)Due to living in a rural area, we don't have mailboxes...all residents have to have a P.O. Box. Only FedEx & UPS come to the door; USPS ships only to P.O. Box...which one can I expect for the return shipping?

Thanks in advance...& ready to part with a bit of money!
C2C

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well as far as payment

40.00 for the duracoat
10.00 for the sight install
5.00 for return shipping
55.00 total

What I will do is send you a money request to your e-mail thats listed in your profile. It will have the total and you will be good to go. The brown plum will be a special order as soon as payment is recived I will order the color from the factory. delivery of the color usually takes about 3-4 days about the same time as it takes for your slide to get to me as well so vary little time is waisted. For return shipping I use the post office priority mail so it can be sent direct to your po box with no problems.

And check you e-mail info has been sent.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Hey James...are you doing any of the Camo patterns?

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Yes, what were you thinking about? I wonder what camo pater Croatia uses?
I was considering the Tiger Stripe...Vietnam thing, ya know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ajames,

Okay...should be dropping everything in the mail tommorrow (coming from near Baton Rouge). For whatever reason (Thanksgiving perhaps?), it took my sights a while to get here.

Thanks again,
C2C

·
Registered
8 Posts
quick question ajames, i was wondering why you use duracoat instead of a bake on type molycoat? I've had duracoat peel off my barrel on a rifle due to the heat of the barrel. and moly type coats have a teflon base in them so it offers some lubricity. Wouldn't this be better used on barrels and the slide? I was just wondering thats all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know if I can answer your question or not, but I'll point out the obvious. The Duracoat finish that he uses is applied to the slide only, so the heat of the barrel wouldn't really hurt much. Thats also why its only $45 (a pretty good deal in my opinion) as opposed to more for getting more parts done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts