Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the XD-Mod.2 4" version the other day. First matter that needs to be taken care of is a holster.
I looked through our entire "list your xd mod 2 holster" thread and found a couple of things but the vast majority of those posts are for the sub compact 3.3" version so many of those holsters do not fit or are not quite suitable for the 4" version.

Based on that thread I did go ahead and get one of the basic clip in holsters from stayholstered.com as I need something I can get off and on my person easily on a regular basis and the price was great. However if it ends up like my clip on holster for the XD-S it has little control in keeping the gun pinned close to my body making it show the grip quite a bit.

So was looking at something like the aliengear stuff where it wraps to your body shape and has enough width and anchoring to force the gun close to me, but that might be overkill. So maybe looking for something sort of between.

So by all means post what your using, or other holsters that you know of that are fit for this model. I am sure other new 4" service model owners are also looking for a resource thread like this one to help find all the manufactures that have stuff available and what is working well for everyone.

Oh BTW aliengear does not have a 4" holster, and when I inquired about it they gave me a canned response like "we make new stuff all the time so keep checking back" no actual ETA or plans to make one for this model.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm willing to bet that a standard xd holster will work for the 4" mod2. My xd45 compact holster fit my Mod2 45 as well. Just had extra length in the holster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some of those look really nice.
Anybody have experience directly comparing Clinger vs StayHolstered? They have a very similar model with the same type of clip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could be right, not familiar with the site. I tried to show you this the other day but being new for some reason the post needs approval before showing so its like 2 days old now.

A mold of the XD-Mod.2 4" displayed in the holster for sale at StayHolstered

Stay Holstered » Store

Could be self molded, but somebody somewhere has got production going with actual molds.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just got a iwb stayholstered for my mod2 subcompact45 a week ago. Seems very nice especially for the price. Gun clicks in nicely and removed well. Around the house it feels good. I will be trying it this weekend since the mod2 passed its range test. I'll let you know but I don't see how you can go wrong with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I ordered a holster from them too, I could not see where to get the mag holster on the site, do you need to contact and ask directly for that?

Only remorse I have so far is I got blood red and now wish I had gotten the carbon fiber blood red lol, so many colors to pick from!

Still interested in seeing how it compares to clingerholsters clip on AIWB holster, and at some point I will probably want something I can tuck a shirt in with, they offer that.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Well, yeah, just email him for a mag holster. He can do horizontal or vertical. I have the horizontal one and like it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Well, yeah, just email him for a mag holster. He can do horizontal or vertical. I have the horizontal one and like it.
I have a vertical mag holster for both my XDs and my XDsc. I really like both of them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts