Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who makes an airsoft xd? Or any sort of firing xd shaped something?

I have seen blue guns, but if I could find an airsoft xd that would be great.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Springfield Armory does not control the trademark on the pistols shape. HS Produkt in Croatia does. From interviewing several airsoft makers, they want to make it but the Croatians wont allow it to happen.

I did see a bootleg version out of China but only pictures on the internet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Springfield Armory does not control the trademark on the pistols shape. HS Produkt in Croatia does. From interviewing several airsoft makers, they want to make it but the Croatians wont allow it to happen.

I did see a bootleg version out of China but only pictures on the internet.
Last I heard, the main guys got arrested on some pretty serious charges, so maybe they'll reconsider to plump up their legal defense fund. :D

I'd really, really like an airsoft XD/XDM to add to the home practice regimen. Racking the slide after every snap-cap gets old in a hurry.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
A few weeks late to this discussion, sorry! :) :redface:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general-sa-xd-xd-m-talk/104057-airsoft-xd.html

That - the resin mock-up by Tokyo Marui (a high-end Japanese airsoft make) - was sighted last year at the 2010 Shizuoka Hobby Show (note that in the in-linked thread above, there's an outlink to the 2009 All Japan Model Hobby Show: at that time, it seems that the XDm was only an "acknowledged proposal."

The Px4, which was a head of the XDm in the product-cycle, was just released to the mass market overseas some time in Q1 of 2011. You can see between these several dates how the various projects have progressed (i.e. the Px4, which went from a one-off that was finally "in the black" to full-production, and the seemingly stalled status - which really surprises me - of the M&P and the H&K).

Maybe another year?

The fact that Tokyo Marui picked up the idea is a very positive sign, but still, progress is slow, and uncertain, at-times too: ajamesp51, where/from whom did you hear of the trademark issues? and is it just as it relates to the North-American market, or worldwide?

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Well Springfield has no rights to the design, they are only an importer of the firearm into North America.

Several Airsoft makers makers told me, and when I was doing consulting with a magazine company to make XD magazines they were even running into walls just to make an XD/HS2000 magazine. S.A. employees also told me that they have have a hard time getting approval authorizing official aftermarket accessories. Aftermarket companies are contacting S.A. all the time with deals like Smith and Wesson for knives or flashlights with the XD branding.......Notice there are none unless it comes direct from S.A.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Ah, so this is an issue solely with the US/North-American market?

If so, I still hope that at least for the far-east, it's not a problem - so that we will see these replicas.

But indeed, if the trademark is an issue there as well, then it would explain why there's been such a long delay from Marui.

Were you able to press these manufacturers as to their thoughts/intents to bring a replica to-market, albeit without the trademarks (i.e. KJW's Beretta 92F replica, c.1999)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts